The New York Football Giants 2014/15 Thread

lichtie23

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So lads who are we picking 1st in the draft?

By the looks of things it'll be Ebron. No moves made to replace Myers at TE and none worth looking at on the market, he'd be a superb addition to our receiving corps

By the looks of things it'll be Ebron. No moves made to replace Myers at TE and none worth looking at on the market, he'd be a superb addition to our receiving corps

cant block and I reckon we could get the boy Seferian-Jenkins in 2nd

cant block and I reckon we could get the boy Seferian-Jenkins in 2nd

ASJ looked very average at the combine, I'd rather have picked up Jeff Cumberland in FA. Would you have passed up Jimmy Graham or Julius Thomas at the same spot? That's how good I reckon he could be, he's athletic, huge and has great hands, blocking can be taught, that level of talent can't. The only other TE I'd be willing to take in this class is Colt Lyerla and he's got his fair share of baggage.

ASJ looked very average at the combine, I'd rather have picked up Jeff Cumberland in FA. Would you have passed up Jimmy Graham or Julius Thomas at the same spot? That's how good I reckon he could be, he's athletic, huge and has great hands, blocking can be taught, that level of talent can't. The only other TE I'd be willing to take in this class is Colt Lyerla and he's got his fair share of baggage.

The TE coming out of Georgia is someone we have been linked with. Think his name is Ryan

The TE coming out of Georgia is someone we have been linked with. Think his name is Ryan

Arthur Lynch apparently is the fellow from Georgia projected for a 4th round pickup. If we wait to take someone that late then fair enough he'll probably be the best of what's there but like I say there are only 2, maybe 3 if Jace Amaro gets his act together in the all-round game, special TEs in this draft, if we dont take one of those guys I mentioned dont expect any sort of threat from them long term.

I really dont think a primarily blocking TE is as big a priority as you do, as long as they're better than Myers we'll get along fine. Jennings is a better blocking RB too than what Brown was, if need be he can provide some support for Eli

We must go O-Line boys.

Saying that iv even seen Mike Evans name being mentioned

I seen that yesterday, no way Evans falls that far. If Robinson, Lewan or Matthews is still about by our pick then absolutely take one of them, but after those 3 the class goes from 'great' to 'good'. There's enough good O-linemen to pick on up later and we really need some great players on staff

I seen that yesterday, no way Evans falls that far. If Robinson, Lewan or Matthews is still about by our pick then absolutely take one of them, but after those 3 the class goes from 'great' to 'good'. There's enough good O-linemen to pick on up later and we really need some great players on staff

Lewan should still be there. Another you should be looking out for is Zack Martin out of Notre Dame

OT Charles Brown signs as well. Ex Saints

What's that, our fourth signing on the O-Line? Still think we need to spend all our draft picks on one too? :P

Defensive End Robert Ayers (Ex Broncos) visiting the team now as well.

We must surely be running out of money

Confirmed as signed earlier today, solid enough replacement for Tuck I suppose

Archived