The New York Football Giants 2014/15 Thread

lichtie23

The New York Giants again missed the playoffs after a disappointing 7-9 season. That's the 2nd year on the bounce that New Yorks finest were not involved in the playoffs. The Big blue faithful can now look forward to the off season that will hopefully see some major changes take place.

Tom Coughlin will remain as head coach and It's also been announced that Jerry Reece will remain as GM.

As for the players side of things there are a few big names who are out of contract.

Hakeem Nicks is coming off another disappointing campaign that seem him post his lowest receiving yards total since his rookie year and also a season that seen him finished without a touchdown. Personally I'd like to see Nicks back, but only at the right price. Reuben Randle and Jerrell Jernigan stepped up at times this season and can hopefully keep that going in 2014. Louis Murphy Jnr will probably not be back.

Justin Tuck is also an impending free agent and again I'd like to see him back in Giants blue. He finished the season strong and ended up with an 11 sack season. Hopefully JPP will get his back sorted in the off season and become a force again. Mathias Kiawanuka was another disappointment this season after switching back to DE from OLB. With Damontre Moore in the ranks I'd be ok with letting Kiawanuka go.

David Diehl has been talking retirement and iv got to say I'm ok with that. He was very disappointing this season and to be honest he looks finished. Guard Kevin Booth struggled at times this year so if we can get him at a decent price I'd take him back. I think it's about time to cut ties with the injury prone David Bass. Chris Snee is eating up a ridiculous amount of our wage cap so if he wants to stay he must take a hefty pay cut. If not then he has to go.

Linval Joseph is another free agent if like to see resigned. Big body in the middle of the d-line and decent in stopping the run.

Terrell Thomas was decent on his return from a 3rd ACL injury and I'd like to see him get a 1 year deal. I think it's time we let go of Corey Webster tho who is also a free agent this season.

TE Brandon Myers just hasn't worked out this season. I can't see him staying. I'm sure we can pick up a cheap TE in free agency.

As for upgrading i hope we tackle the O-Line in the draft and free agency. Eli was sacked a ridiculous amount of times this season as that line just got bullied. Justin Pugh was impressive so I don't think we should be scared about going through the draft. Jake Mathews and Antonio Richardson are my 1st picks.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

big brandon jacobs retires, great giant

Aye the first time around. Should've done it a year ago and saved us the wages.

Myers is still a good player I think but he and Eli both said they just couldnt click. Him being a pretty poor blocker didnt do him any favours this year either and that was more down to bad luck because I dont think anyone seen the O line being as bad as it was. I actually wouldn't mind seeing us pick up a TE in the draft. I don't know what guys will be available in free agency but there are a couple of top talents at the position coming out this year who could go in the 2nd or 3rd rounds that I'd like to see us take a punt on assuming we go OL in the 1st.

I'm quite happy to see Nicks go. I still rate him as a player and hope he goes on to recover his form but I just dont think we can take a risk on him being that bad again. Randle came on strong this year and Jernigan had a good few games proving he's more than just a P/KO return man. Murphy I didnt see enough of to judge fairly but I do remember him dropping a fair number of short passes.

What do you think about Peyton Hillis? I was pretty happy with what he done for us this year and he looks as though he's slimmed down a bit from his dodgy Bucs stint. Wouldn't mind seeing him rotate with Andre Brown next year (I dont really see what everyone else does in Brown, looks like a worse Ahmad Bradshaw without the pass catching ability to me) and maybe see how Wilson looks in more of a pass catching role a la Andre Ellington in AZ

This thread is a poor attempt to keep your team relevant lichtie23.  No post-season, no posting!  :thumbsdown

When I read the title, I thought that the "off season" was the one that you just had which was really off!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: got to try keep New Yorks finest relevant.

Aye the first time around. Should've done it a year ago and saved us the wages.

What? The guy came in when we were in chaos at the RB position and he contrbuted the best yards/attempt and most tds out of any of our rb's this year. Sure he might not have the same power as he used to but he came in and done a job and if more guys in our team played with the passion that BJ had for the giants then we might have even made it into the playoffs this year

So Fewell didn't get the Redskins job and looks to be staying as our defensive co-ordinator

We are currently interviewing for a new OC. Mike Sullivan interviewed yesterday and I believe some former Titans guy interviews today. Tomorrow see's Texans QB coach Karl Dorrell and Saturday is the boy McAdoo who is QB coach in Green Bay.

Means McAdoo can bring in his own guys.

understandable but i just hope he can bring in people as good as those leaving, myers was shite last year but pope is the only giants coach to have rings from all 4 superbowls

understandable but i just hope he can bring in people as good as those leaving, myers was shite last year but pope is the only giants coach to have rings from all 4 superbowls

Maybe a shakeup is what we need mate. We were very poor on offence last year and that run game was non exsistant.

Will be interesting to see if we keep Myers. One few agent I think we will now definitely look at is Packers WR James Jones.

Archived