FAO Caley Fans.. 'Yogi' Hughes

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry Caley fans i think Yogi will make you alot easier to play against in the long run and can only see the way is down in form. You'll miss Butchers ability to pick up players from the lower leagues.

He had 1 of the best scouts in the business for that, who also ended up at Hibs.

Caley fans didn't get on too well wi big Butch either at 1st.

I remember many a protest to get him sacked and was expecting it when you got relegated in 09.

Caley certainly won't be going down this season. Doubt you will even have to worry about the playoffs. If you hang on to the players you have I can still see you finishing in the top 6.

He had 1 of the best scouts in the business for that, who also ended up at Hibs.

Wouldnt expect them to be in any relegation battle in the next season or two. I just presummed Butcher used his contacts down south to get these boys up. Which i wasnt sure Hughes had or not but time will tell.

I'm guessing this scout was the one who brought Stokes etc up to Falkirk

Ricey and Brady were the reason we got Stokes, Cregg, Howard and O'Donnell.

It was said that Yogi and Ricey spent a lot of nights down south watching reserve matches to scout players.

I remember someone said he was the hardest working manager in Scotland, but I can't remember who said it.

^^^^^^ This.

Steve Marsella was one of Butcher's best and most significant appointments It's a great shame that he couldn't have been persuaded to remain at Inverness.

Hughes out.

I do think our form would've dipped whoever our manager was, even if Butcher had stayed. We have a small squad and injuries/suspensions/loss of form are going to have an effect. A few blips aside you couldn't have asked fora more perfect start to the season, a downer was always going to come.

I'm not a fan of Hughes and didn't think we should've appointed him. He'll need to show something now, vital that our form improves in the run up to the cup semi-final.

Archived