The Economic Case for an Independent Scotland

HardyBamboo

Here's some more. Obviously Salmond and Swinney were took busy clapping like seals on the sidelines to perform the level of economic analysis some newspaper hacks managed.

Daily Mail - Aug 2007 :- "Given the demolition in bank share prices investors may well wonder if this, top-of-the-market deal, is worth doing at all."

Daily Telegraph - July 2007 :-

"Of all the deals we've heard about potentially collapsing because of these jittery markets, surely the pursuit of ABN Amro should be at the top"

Guardian - Aug 2007 :-

"By rights, RBS shareholders should be getting nervous about the ABN Amro deal. RBS's biggest slice of the Dutch pie would be the wholesale banking unit, and this can't be the best moment to add such a business."

John Swinney - Aug 2007 :-

"Yay... shiny coins... big banky fing... woohoo... Gogarburn.. Fred... yay"

Hangover this morning H_B, you seem pretty crabby....?

Back to the Economics, here is a wee chart for you;

post-50579-0-78062500-1390046143_thumb.p

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hangover this morning H_B, you seem pretty crabby....?

Back to the Economics, here is a wee chart for you;

I find the suggestions that Salmond and Swinney are in any way economically more savvy than Westminster politicians laughable.

Salmond has of course been forced to mumble apologetically for his dreadful cheerleading of Goodwin, An admission of stupidity is at least something.

I find the suggestions that Salmond and Swinney are in any way economically more savvy than Westminster politicians laughable.

Salmond has of course been forced to mumble apologetically for his dreadful cheerleading of Goodwin, An admission of stupidity is at least something.

No comment on the chart?

Salmond v Darling on economics ?

I know who I would go with.

Sorry, just wait a second here.

Wasn't it you who demanded we look to the future, not the past? Didn't you want anything which couldn't be changed (such as for example the SNP lying through their teeth to people) left in the past?

Now, why are these figures based on a fantasy land scenario of what might have happened had Scotland seceded decades ago?

What possible relevance does that have to the current position, which will see Scotland take on a share of debt close to 130 bn, if we vote Yes?

The most startling bit of that piece is how well Scotland have done compared to the other 3 nations since the SNP took the reins,if all the figures stack up across the economy I could see myself voting for them in the future.

Wasn't it you who demanded we look to the future, not the past? Didn't you want anything which couldn't be changed (such as for example the SNP lying through their teeth to people) left in the past?

Now, why are these figures based on a fantasy land scenario of what might have happened had Scotland seceded decades ago?

What possible relevance does that have to the current position, which will see Scotland take on a share of debt close to 130 bn, if we vote Yes?

Even if true we'll have a considerably smaller debt to GDP ratio.

I take it you don't like the truth unless it's in your favour.

The most startling bit of that piece is how well Scotland have done compared to the other 3 nations since the SNP took the reins,if all the figures stack up across the economy I could see myself voting for them in the future.

Why would the SNP get the credit for revenues from what are predominantly Westminster levers?

I didn't demand anything it isn't really my style, you are the man that keeps referring back to Salmond/Sturgeons "lies" over Europe as if it was the most important thing in the whole debate. I use this chart to demonstrate what might have been if the WG wasnt utterly duplicitous at the time & what you may be letting go if you believe them now!

As I said yesterday a population share of debt & a fair share of debt may be 2 very different things.

So it's startling that the staus quo has actually delivered good economic results for Scotland?

Yet you clowns want to f**k this up by ripping it all up and installing something that is much fucking worse! It gets funnier and funnier.

So it's startling that the staus quo has actually delivered good economic results for Scotland?

Yet you clowns want to f**k this up by ripping it all up and installing something that is much fucking worse! It gets funnier and funnier.

Why would it be worse?

I love how you call everyone clowns even after Ayrmad dismantles your figures. A clown is someone who wont even acknowledge that someone has made him out to be an arse yet again. Not even the slightest reply after repeated calls for Ayrmad to look at your figures. You have zero credibility left on here.

You are the biggest clown of all.

No, Westminster has continually told us we're spongers, the evidence you keep ducking disproves this big style.

Are you Implying that the status quo can continue? It's clear to everyone that the UK is in an economic malaise that is set to get worse. London once the financial centre of the world has now fallen behind New York. More and more hedge funds pull their operations out of the city every month. Indeed soon it will fall behind Hong Kong, which already outperforms it in terms IPO volumes. When EU regulations begin constraining profits, London will tank.

Are you Implying that the status quo can continue? It's clear to everyone that the UK is in an economic malaise that is set to get worse. London once the financial centre of the world has now fallen behind New York. More and more hedge funds pull their operations out of the city every month. Indeed soon it will fall behind Hong Kong, which already outperforms it in terms IPO volumes. When EU regulations begin constraining profits, London will tank.

Unfortunately the Britnats are in a state of perpetual denial about the continued decline and probable total collapse at some point in the not too distant future of the UK. Austerity has not worked. Its just papering over the cracks and at somepoint the rest of the worlds finance kings are going to cotton on to this. Then the real problems for us all will begin. The country is broke. Anybody under the illusion that the UK has a future of power aand influence is just kidding themselves on.

Unfortunately the Britnats are in a state of perpetual denial about the continued decline and probable total collapse at some point in the not too distant future of the UK.

How is UK growth looking compared to our European peers?

Archived