Bankies - Good To See Them Back?

Gary

Looking around sites like Bankies.net this morning and its actually quite good seeing the effort the lads there have put in to get their club off the ground again. Theyve also had some good results too.

Do you reckon its good to see them back again allbeit in a junior format? Especially as the Club formerly known as Clydebank sold out its original fans by buying Airdrieonians and buggering off.

• 2 weeks later...

Funnily enough a week after i posted this thread we were able to announce on the SFC website that we are playing a friendly with the Bankies next Tuesday! How ironic is that! Will be a good game that and have banged on for a day off on the off chance.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...

Its grand to be remembered from some senior teams. Fantastic days out to these places. Great peeps but even better hospitality. We are in a good place now and would not change that. If one day a pyramid system gets put in place then i hope like every other ambitious junior team we have the chance to make the progression to a higher level. Long way off though.

Its grand to be remembered from some senior teams. Fantastic days out to these places. Great peeps but even better hospitality. We are in a good place now and would not change that. If one day a pyramid system gets put in place then i hope like every other ambitious junior team we have the chance to make the progression to a higher level. Long way off though.

Sorry but thats just rubbish , most junior teams have been junior teams 70,80 100 years plus, most junior teams will want to remain junior and be the best they can be here, that does not mean they are not ambitious.

I want my team to be ambitious , be the best they can but never in a million years do i want to go near the seniors . A good majority of the clydebank fans patronise the juniors by saying we are in a good place the now , enjoying the juniors blah blah but really they would rather be senior and see the juniors as a steping stone to achieving this something i know a lot of people i have spoke to will never be happy with ( including mysef )

This is the reason i have never took to clydebank in the juniors and would much rather they toddled off to the seniors as soon as possible . This is just the way i feel

Sorry but thats just rubbish , most junior teams have been junior teams 70,80 100 years plus, most junior teams will want to remain junior and be the best they can be here, that does not mean they are not ambitious.

I want my team to be ambitious , be the best they can but never in a million years do i want to go near the seniors . A good majority of the clydebank fans patronise the juniors by saying we are in a good place the now , enjoying the juniors blah blah but really they would rather be senior and see the juniors as a steping stone to achieving this something i know a lot of people i have spoke to will never be happy with ( including mysef )

This is the reason i have never took to clydebank in the juniors and would much rather they toddled off to the seniors as soon as possible . This is just the way i feel

And are we supposed to care about what you think?

At the end of the day, there shouldnt be a junior, senior, ams etc in modern Scottish football just one body. It's backward to have different associations that oppose each other. What on earth does it mean to be 'junior' - its just a another level of football anyway. If we are in a position to better ourselves ( which we aren't at the moment) then I hope we do it I'm sure Talbot, Meadow would do well higher up on a pyramid.

I don't see any problem with us being happy to compete in the juniors with aspirations to do better. You're just showing yourself up to be a bitter individual towards our club.

http://t0.gstatic.co...euhVNnwuqNbRssA

Aw! Who cares what you spout. Away back to sticking your nose into other threads that have hee haw to do with you.Boring!!!

Away and tell someone else where/what they can and can't post on.Now please shut the door behind you ffs i hate a draught .

Btw when the time comes good luck back where you belong your gonna need it

Archived