top 5 favourite Junior Grounds

Roy Race

When were you last there?

The stand disappeared about twenty years ago.

The Social club about fifteenn years ago.

And the ground is just about to disappear as well!

The stand wasn't twenty years ago more like 13 or 14 years ago, social club 11 or 12 years now. Either way a fair time ago now.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wut?

I think it was a typo or the usual dumbphone predictive text, & he actually meant to say MEDDA PARK HOME OF THE MINI BAR.

Which in itself would have been inaccurate, since the Medda Lounge stocks a full range including Tennents Ice Cold Lager, Tennents Light, Magners Golden Draught Cider, Caledonia Best, Kronenbourg, Coors Light, Budweiser, Miller, Corona, Tiger, Newcastle Brown, Smirnoff Black Vodka, J&B Whiskey, Tanquerry Gin, Bombay Gin, Pampero Especial Rum, Bacardi, Jack Daniels, Canadian Club, Morgan Spiced Rum, Hennessy Brandy, Southern Comfort, Navy Rum and Baileys; plus Kola Kube and Sour Apple Vodka Shots for the jakies, Bristol Cream & Cockburns Port for visiting Linlithgow Rose fans, and a house white and red wine of the day for Cotter.

Prices available on request, all items subject to availability.

Moving away from the top stadiums, I like different things about grounds, visually as much as getting a feel of times past.

I like Ardrossan's ground, Really decent set up that I always enjoy visiting, wish we had that space at ford. Adamslie as even tho it's age was starting to show had a real vibe around it, wood work internally and brick exterior with those two unmistakable speakers on the club house. Benburb's old ground with the massive stand was great, loved standing in it picturing what the must have been like back in day, same way at vale of leven.

Also really fond of Irvine Vic's for the close up game experience, love the railway sleepers used in the covered terrace also has a decent sized club house with a good wee bar in it, sound system is pretty good as well.

If I could build a house I'd go for one like at Muirkirk where u have a football club quite literally on your doorstep! Darvel's stand is compact to say the least but unique and makes my list.

The stand wasn't twenty years ago more like 13 or 14 years ago, social club 11 or 12 years now. Either way a fair time ago now.

Didn't bother to check it out, it just seemed a long time ago, and tiime just flys when you get to my age so took a guess.

I was sure about stand going first though.

Didn't bother to check it out, it just seemed a long time ago, and tiime just flys when you get to my age so took a guess.

I was sure about stand going first though.

I will ask tomorrow if i am wrong will come on and apologise!

Archived