top 5 favourite Junior Grounds

Roy Race

We shouldnt do worst grounds. Every club do the best with the finances they have and dont deserve a slagging.

Personally really don't care if a ground has a seated stand or modern turnstyles or whatever,care more about the character,the history,you either like watching a game at a certain ground or you don't.Always enjoy watching games more at Perthy or Lugar than soulless places like Glenrothes or Greenock.Renfrew or Pollok disnae bother me,each has it's history,each has it's story to tell,folk will choose Newlansfield cause it's nicer and you don't get yer shoes dirty but a have never witnessed a boring game at Western Park.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i quite liked hermes but others did.nt.. Hoping a couple northern guys come on and give there take on there top 5..

Dyce

Colony Park

Lewis Utd

East End

Banks O Dee

Only been at 2 or 3 more :)

Personally really don't care if a ground has a seated stand or modern turnstyles or whatever,care more about the character,the history,you either like watching a game at a certain ground or you don't.Always enjoy watching games more at Perthy or Lugar than soulless places like Glenrothes or Greenock.Renfrew or Pollok disnae bother me,each has it's history,each has it's story to tell,folk will choose Newlansfield cause it's nicer and you don't get yer shoes dirty but a have never witnessed a boring game at Western Park.

I totally agree with this view. In fact visiting the older style grounds is one thing I really enjoy about watching the juniors. I hate sitting down at the football so don't personally mind if a ground has a seated stand or not (but I do like the way some clubs without stands have tried to make allowances for the older guys who do have to sit - Ballingry and Nitten have a few seats for those who want the ).

Character and atmosphere are being taken away from the senior game by modern stadia, so let's do all we can to preserve what we have in the Juniors.

My top 5...albeit from a very limited and East based selection...

1 - Prestonfield, Linlihgow Rose. Great facilities, plenty of cover and a good club. Great atmosphere as well. (Might be a wee bit biased too)

2 - Beechwood, Sauchie. Great new stand that has incorporated the club (with a view of the Park) plenty of cover an outstanding view from that covered enclosure. And it is great that Brockville lives on as Sauchie bought the enclosure from Falkirk.

3 - New Victoria Park, Newtongrange. Although a modern ground it has retained the essentials of a good junior ground, there is also plenty of cover and I like how it feels enclosed.

4 - Newton Park, Bo'ness. You get the impression of scale at Newton and there is plenty of cover, surface is very good too. I never visited when the stand was still there unfortunately but it is still an impressive ground all the same (only thing that could improve it for me would be no segregation for the big games. But that is no fault of the ground or club)

5 - Creamery Park, Bathgate. Nice new covered enclosure with a slightly unusual arrangement of terracing. Quirky is good!

Hope to visit more grounds as and when I can - need to get through to some in the West!

In no particular order: Sauchie's Beechwood Park and Auchinleck's Beechwood Park, nice stands good atmospheres to be had at both. I also liked Beith Juniors ground Bellsdale, well maintained with friendly locals and a big slope! Good stuff. Whitburn's Central Park, mainly as they were one of the top teams when I was growing up and it always seemed to me to be a great occasion going up there. And Newtongrange Star's New Victoria Park, nicely enclosed and good facilities.

Linlithgows ground is the best in the Juniors IMO but I certainly cant say I've had many happy visits up there! Great facilities and well maintained.

In no particular order;

New Murrayfield Park, Blackburn United - Cos it's ours and it's better than the auld place, with lights and stuff.....

Carmuirs Park, Camelon - Feels like a proper Junior ground

Newtown Park - Bo'ness United - You can feel the history of the place, but please replace the stand!

Prestonfield, Linlithgow Rose - Top playing surface and great stand

Millfield, Haddington Athletic - A perfect ground for the smaller clubs, and in a perfect setting (and we win big there these days!)

Honourable mentions to Bathgate, Armadale, Musselburgh, Nitten and Sauchie.

"FuzzyBear" Another fud who thinks grown men threatening children is acceptable.

I asked a guy in the east who fuzzybear was. He said 'G.... B..... total w..k of a guy'. Seems your popular through there too ;)

Fuzzy is a sound lad for a w****r and if you look at his posting history you'll see that he's not in the habit of winding other clubs up for the sake of it. He's spot on about Largs - maybe we were just unfortunate but you and that other reptile seem determined to kid on nothing happened. We've got a big support who go all over the country without any bother. Some arseholes from your neck of the woods went out their way to change that. If there's anyone that's a w****r here it's you and that other fuckin moron that tags along with you.

"FuzzyBear" Another fud who thinks grown men threatening children is acceptable.

I asked a guy in the east who fuzzybear was. He said 'G.... B..... total w..k of a guy'. Seems your popular through there too ;)

I,ve met Fuzzy, he's an ok guy for a Lithgae fan

Having met Fuzzy I can confirm he is a good guy and would readily have a pint with him. His pockets are even deeper than HTG's though.

Archived