The New Stadiums Thread

jamamafegan

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1445106801.929520.jpg

A snap outside White Hart Lane today. I didn't realise that they were so close to starting work on a new ground. No building work has been started yet as full permission is still to be granted but the site next to the existing ground has been cleared. Chat is that Chelsea have offered the FA more money to rent Wembley so MK Dons might be an option while the work is done.

They got planning permission this morning

Exciting times for Spurs. Wembley, West Ham and MK Dons being mentioned for a ground share.

MK Dons most likely I'd say, Chelsea are close to a deal with Wembley and Can't see West Ham wanting to share their new stadium so soon

MK Dons most likely I'd say, Chelsea are close to a deal with Wembley and Can't see West Ham wanting to share their new stadium so soon

Apparently West Ham not keen ... although Spurs not wanting to go as far as MK but maybe a case of needs must.

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

Does anyone know how much the 'FC United of Manchester' stadium cost to construct? It would be more than adequate for many of our clubs.

best I could find was Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broadhurst_Park

Funding[edit]

In total, £6.5 million was required to fund construction of the ground:–[39]

• £2 million – FC United Community Shares scheme (target reached on 26 Feb 2015)[40]
  • £1 million – from other fundraising, e.g. £467,000 from the FC United Development Fund (including £51,000 from crowdfunding[41]) and £345,000 from a Loan Stock scheme[39]
  • £918,000 – Sport England (Iconic facilities fund)[39]
  • £550,000 – Manchester City Council (approved January 2012)[42]
  • £500,000 – Football Foundation Community Facilities Fund[43]
  • £500,000 – Manchester City Council loan (approved January 2012)[42]
  • £303,000 – Government grant, Community Assets and Services Fund (announced January 2014)[44][45]
  • £150,000 – Football Foundation Football Stadia Improvement Fund[43]
  • £90,000 – Viridor Waste Management[39]

<p>

best I could find was Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broadhurst_Park

Funding[edit]

In total, £6.5 million was required to fund construction of the ground:[39]

• £2 million FC United Community Shares scheme (target reached on 26 Feb 2015)[40]
  • £1 million from other fundraising, e.g. £467,000 from the FC United Development Fund (including £51,000 from crowdfunding[41]) and £345,000 from a Loan Stock scheme[39]
  • £918,000 Sport England (Iconic facilities fund)[39]
  • £550,000 Manchester City Council (approved January 2012)[42]
  • £500,000 Football Foundation Community Facilities Fund[43]
  • £500,000 Manchester City Council loan (approved January 2012)[42]
  • £303,000 Government grant, Community Assets and Services Fund (announced January 2014)[44][45]
  • £150,000 Football Foundation Football Stadia Improvement Fund[43]
  • £90,000 Viridor Waste Management[39]

Thank you, sir.

It would be outside of the capabilities of many (any?) club in Scotland who would want something similar then.

Tidings,

PotC.

• 3 weeks later...

Take it there's nothing new in Scotland since Renfrew FC opened there ground.

Cove have planning permission for their new ground and I believe it may open in 2017...

Aberdeen plan to have their ground open by 2018-19

Mr Finlay said that Cowdenbeath were planning a new ground with a 5000 capacity. Not heard anything since.

IIRC EK might be planning to expand K Park or moving to a new ground.

• 3 weeks later...

EK are planning both - new 304-seat stand in the short term (although I thought it was to the right of the current 500-seat stand), and a new 4,000 seat stadium in the longer term.

community-stadium-artist-impression.jpg

All kinds of uncertainty regarding Cove - it's been suggested it could take until the end of the decade. Most recent plans are for a "300 seat ground" (presumably not literally but with standing as well!), but previous plans - from which I think the concept photo below come from - envisaged a 3,000 capacity ground, including 490 seats.

26465-artists-impression-of-cove-rangers

Duns FC are supposed to be building a small (100-odd) seat stand sometime.

That's about it.

EK don't need a 4000 seater ground, at least not for any time in the next ten years. That's going down the "Clyde" route of having too big a ground. Hopefully, this doesn't get built until they reach tier 4.

I think Cove want to build the stand with the "300" seats and have the pitch there first, so they could use it for '17-18 with a view to them eventually finishing the ground (e.g putting in railway sleepers) in the following seasons.

Nothing stopping EK getting promoted in the next few seasons, so it makes sense to start moves for a new stadium now as these things take years.

Something around 4,000 (about Forthbank size) makes sense if they've ambitions of growing their support and going beyond SPFL2 over years & decades. Only 4 of the current SPFL grounds hold under 3,000 (decrepit Cliftonhill; newbuilds East Fife & Dumbarton; recently non-league Annan).

Edited by HibeeJibee