The wonders of austerity

Confidemus

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Instead just abandon the rUK to Tory policies.

Very right on.

Really tugging at the heartstrings there.

They have to help themselves, and we'll do the same for ourselves. It's called self-determination, and I want us to exercise it in six months. Hopefully the English people getting hit by these disgusting reforms will take inspiration from us, suck up their pride, realise the country is a fucking disaster, and also tell Westminster and London to f**k right off.

DeeTillEhDeh, on 07 Mar 2014 - 22:27, said:snapback.png

Instead just abandon the rUK to Tory policies.

Very right on.

Had second thoughts? At what stage of our marriage to the rUK did we assume responsibility for the majority in England?

Believe it or not I don't particularly think this vote is going to make a jot of difference.

We'll just be swapping Osborne sucking up to the bankers for Salmond sucking up to the bankers.

Salmond and the SNP are the present, not the future.

Tell me which of our major political parties doesn't suck up to them?

Define "sucking up"

I'm struggling to find the relevence here tho. Do you think our political leaders should do bad things to a major part of our economy?

Define "sucking up"

I'm struggling to find the relevence here tho. Do you think our political leaders should do bad things to a major part of our economy?

That will be the bankers that caused the mess and then advised that we needed austerity measures.

That will be the bankers that caused the mess and then advised that we needed austerity measures.

Eh?

You are now starting to ramble incoherently.

Am I?

Obviously you must have missed the credit crunch . . .

that dosent tie in with

Believe it or not I don't particularly think this vote is going to make a jot of difference.

We'll just be swapping Osborne sucking up to the bankers for Salmond sucking up to the bankers.

or

Tell me which of our major political parties doesn't suck up to them?

come to think of it, you didnt

Define "sucking up"

that dosent tie in with

or

come to think of it, you didnt

Do you want me to explain Salmond's relationship with Fred Goodwin?

Or how about Gordon Brown's negligence in regulating the financial markets?

Unfettered greed and the financial markets caused the credit crunch.

Yet the very same financial markets who caused the mess were the ones stating that austerity was the only route.

Yes the ConDems implemented it but (despite their bullshit) Labour would have put in just as brutal measures if they had been elected.

As for the SNP, for all Salmond's u-turns over Goodwin, they are still essentially a capitalist party in thrall to the financial markets.

Do you want me to explain Salmond's relationship with Fred Goodwin?

Or how about Gordon Brown's negligence in regulating the financial markets?

Unfettered greed and the financial markets caused the credit crunch.

Yet the very same financial markets who caused the mess were the ones stating that austerity was the only route.

Yes the ConDems implemented it but (despite their bullshit) Labour would have put in just as brutal measures if they had been elected.

As for the SNP, for all Salmond's u-turns over Goodwin, they are still essentially a capitalist party in thrall to the financial markets.

This was/is a global problem with the epicenter in the US sub prime mortgage business. To lay the blame squarely at local politicians is a bit unfair and frankly its beyond the scope of the Indy Scotland debate. An independent Scotland would have been in a healthier financial position than the UK so would have been well able to cope with the aftermath.

This was/is a global problem with the epicenter in the US sub prime mortgage business. To lay the blame squarely at local politicians is a bit unfair and frankly its beyond the scope of the Indy Scotland debate. An independent Scotland would have been in a healthier financial position than the UK so would have been well able to cope with the aftermath.

Salmond and Swinney were cheering from the sideline when Goodwin and RBS embarked on the disasterous takeover of ABN AMRO.

To suggest the SNP arent Capitalist running dogs is laughable.

Look at their policy volte face when Brian Souter opened the chequebook.

So... just who in Scotland is going to reverse this trend?

Is it one of oaksoft s fantasy parties that dont exist?

Just like Iceland?

Scottish banks were at the very heart of the problem.

Independence or not there would still have been a problem.

Salmond and Swinney were cheering from the sideline when Goodwin and RBS embarked on the disasterous takeover of ABN AMRO.

To suggest the SNP arent Capitalist running dogs is laughable.

Look at their policy volte face when Brian Souter opened the chequebook.

So... just who in Scotland is going to reverse this trend?

Is it one of oaksoft s fantasy parties that dont exist?

Just look at the fawning over Trump.

It's why the issue for me is not independence - I personally don't think things will be that fundamentally different - it's about our politicians and how we deal with the unprincipled b*****d that is global capitalism.

I used to think the NCC didnt actually believe that iScotland was going to be a land of milk and honey but worryingly i now think some of them do...

A quite depressing indication of stupidity.

I used to think the NCC didnt actually believe that iScotland was going to be a land of milk and honey but worryingly i now think some of them do...

A quite depressing indication of stupidity.

Part of it is due to the continued comparisons of Scotland with Norway. Superficially there might be a comparison but when you dig deeper they have as much in common economically and culturally as chalk and cheese.

Norway didn't privatise their state-owned oil industry.

Norwegians pay (quite willingly) substantially more taxes than we do.

Fundamentally it's about the Norwegian ethos of the collective over self - the law of Jante.

I don't believe that exists here.

I think Scottish Independence would be very similar to the Blair government taking over in 1997 and maybe Obama s election too for the fundamentalists.

Vastly overinflated ideas as to what actually would change followed by rage as virtually nothing does.

I think Scottish Independence would be very similar to the Blair government taking over in 1997 and maybe Obama s election too for the fundamentalists.

Vastly overinflated ideas as to what actually would change followed by rage as virtually nothing does.

I concur.

I left the Labour Party when Blair was elected.

I could see through the flim-flam that he was little more than style over substance.

In fact it was probably worse than before because he was a unprincipled b*****d who would do anything to stay in power.

Archived