The wonders of austerity

Confidemus

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah there you are. You ready to apologise for stating Nicola Sturgeon told "shameful lies"?

I'm still waiting on your apology from yesterday's debacle?

But I've already illustrated that Sturgeon told shameful lies. And not for the first time, after her lies about the position of Scotland as a co-equal successor state, which were blatant and repeated lies.

But I've already illustrated that Sturgeon told shameful lies. And not for the first time, after her lies about the position of Scotland as a co-equal successor state, which were blatant and repeated lies.

I take it you agree that Scotland should not take it's share of assets and liabilities?

You'll have quite the wait, chuckles.

Please tell me how Nicola Sturgeon told "shameful lies" about almost a million being in poverty due to this Government's policies? She was utterly correct in what she said.

Why? Why are you refusing to apologise for being utterly wrong?

Because you, my comical little friend, have been utterly, completely incorrect on numerous occasions previously, yet you skate over it as you have literally just done.

Truth be told, I'm not sure what I should be apologising for, as I struggle to maintain interest and attention when it comes to your opinion, but whatever it is, it pales into insignificance compared to the sheer amount of lies, whataboutery, deflection and insults you perpetuate on here.

Because you, my comical little friend, have been utterly, completely incorrect on numerous occasions previously, yet you skate over it as you have literally just done.

So you were educated on your lie, and yet choose not to apologise for it?

Interesting. Not surprising of course.

Utter tosh. Housing benefit and council tax benefit is not "money" given to people.

That's literally what it is.

Further, it's not you "merely pointing out" anything. It would cost the SG a fairly large chunk of their budget to simply negate a dreadful Westminster policy.

But you said it didn't save much money. Make your mind up. Either it doesn't save much money, so doesn't cost much to negate, or it does save a lot of money, in which case you have to factor that into assessing how worthwhile it is. Make your mind up.

I would say it would be up to your soon to be extinct chums and their bosom buddies the Tories to sort that one out.

Don'tcha think?

#analysis

Surely a continuator state should take all the bad as well as the good out of it's position.

I'm not sure what your point is here.

Are you saying Scotland should get no assets after secession?

Surely a continuator state should take all the bad as well as the good out of it's position.

"Continuator states" relate to being party to treaties under international law. It has nothing to do with anything not covered by treaties under international law.

I'm not sure what your point is here.

Are you saying Scotland should get no assets after secession?

I'd be quite happy for us to get no liabilities or assets, ain't going to happen though, for all the stuff we've heard so far, Scotland will take a fair share of assets and liabilities and Westminster will pay us rent for as long as Trident is here.

I'd be quite happy for us to get no liabilities or assets, ain't going to happen though, for all the stuff we've heard so far, Scotland will take a fair share of assets and liabilities

Yes, that's very much what would happen despite the SNP's nonsense to the contrary.

Yes, that's very much what would happen despite the SNP's nonsense to the contrary.

A currency union will happen as well despite Gideon's nonsense to the contrary. I'd much rather a Scottish pound and no debt though.

Wrong -

Mr Swinney, to applause from Labour and SNP benches, said yesterday: “I give parliament the assurance today that if the DWP says no, the Scottish Government will put in place a scheme to make this additional £12m available to social landlords so that we need not see any evictions in Scotland this year as a result solely of the bedroom tax.”

http://www.snp.org/media-centre/news/2014/mar/westminster-must-stop-stalling-bedroom-tax

Oh dear.

You can't go a day without making a complete spectacle of yourself, can you Parp?

Which part of this wasn't clear?

“I give parliament the assurance today that if the DWP says no, the Scottish Government will put in place a scheme to make this additional £12m available to social landlords so that we need not see any evictions in Scotland this year as a result solely of the bedroom tax

Archived