Twin Peaks

yoda

• 1 year later...

Showtime sending out promotional 2017 calendars with the Twin Peaks logo printed on 30th April. Looking like a likely release date.

Still need to read The Secret History... and rewatch everything before the start of the new series. Very excited!

Not read any of this as don't want it spoiled but does the older version stand up to scrutiny? Still worth getting into?

I've just watched it all inbetween the holidays there. I'd say so. It's dated but not terribly dated. The whole way through I've been enthralled even though I'm not really sure why. It's just a setting and storyline that catches attention, weird as f**k. Acting and everything is proper cheesy and old school and I absolutely hate the titles music that always pops up but I still really loved the show.

So many wids in it too, honestly Shelly/Audrey/Norma and Donnna and a character that comes into it later are absolute wids. Fell in love with Shelly after about 10 seconds.

Give it a go.

Not read any of this as don't want it spoiled but does the older version stand up to scrutiny? Still worth getting into?

Definitely holds up for me anyway. There's a spell in season 2 where it loses its way and drags on a bit but it finds its form back in the last couple of
episodes.

I'd definitely recommend it. It's a show unlike any other I've watched really. The music is absolutely stunning as is the setting. Having the new season so long after the original series is a very exciting premise too.

If you're giving it a go remember not to watch the feature length movie until after the series!

7 hours ago, Frankie S said:

Sky Atlantic just announced simulcast with Showtime in USA. The first two hours will be shown at 2.00am on Monday 22nd May (9.00pm Sun 21st Eastern Time) and repeated at 9.00pm on Tuesday 23rd. Can't wait! 

Twin Peaks simulcast

Good news indeed.  Not got Sky but I believe you can get Atlantic on Now TV so I may look in to signing up for that nearer to the time.

• 4 months later...

Was assuming Now TV for this as well.

I went there in September, ate a pure terrible burger in the diner and, guess what, the coffee was weak pish.

Some posh English lassie was giving it big licks about the 'cherry pie' being the best in her life. Tried it and it was Iceland freezer, under a £, grade grot.

Just shows ye

Just rewatched season one and most of season two. Forgot how badly it lost its way towards the end of the second season. Love all the Lynch-directed episodes, particularly the finale, though. Lynch recently said that the second season 'sucked.' It had moments of genius, but overall it's hard to disagree with that assessment. Some of the later episodes, after the killer was revealed, are excruciatingly bad. The tone is all over the place, a product of too many cooks spoiling the broth. The ever-rotating band of directors and writers did the show no favours. Episode 17 ('Dispute Between Brothers'), directed by Tina Rathborne, was the nadir. It plays like a fourth rate sitcom, and undermines the power of Lynch's vision IMO. 

I have a feeling this is going to be a different proposition entirely. I expect it to to be much darker, more along the lines of Lynch's later work: Lost Highway, Mulholland Dr. and Inland Empire. So glad Lynch is directing every episode this time. Have a feeling those expecting a retread of the original will be disappointed. Can't wait! 

Edited by Frankie S

Rather than watch the whole of series 1 and 2 again, going to watch Fire Walk With Me tonight. Although it got panned at first it's now considered one of the best horror films of the 90's. Agree about Series 2 losing it's way later on but overall it's one of my favourite tv shows of all time.

I love all of Lynch's work and really looking forward to the new series.