St Johnstone vs Dundee United, Armageddon sponsored Scottish Cup Final

banana

Scottish Cup Final 2013/14  

309 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

GMS out is doing the rounds.

Takes me back to the eve of the league cup final when McGinn out was the big rumour that had everyone frantic, and it ended up being Pawlett. So expect to wake up tomorrow to find Ciftci is missing.

Enjoy the day tomorrow everyone. I've a bet on United, but think most in Scottish football will be genuinely chuffed for St Johnstone should they do it.

It is the biggest match in our club's 130-year history and I am unbelievably nervous. It is a great opportunity to win our first ever major cup and I'm very proud to be a Saints supporter right now. Whatever happens, I will no doubt end up crying like a little girl. Good luck to Saints in the Scottish Cup Final.

That will be two of us then.

I'm rather overwhelmed by the whole occasion. The dream throughout the years of following Saints has been to win the Scottish Cup. The Final has always been *the* game of the season, and I can't quite believe that Saints are part of it. That probably won't sink in until the teams come out at Celtic Park.

There have been so many highs and lows, but these are the moments that make it all worthwhile. 130 years of history, with generations of fans never having seen their dream fulfilled. I'll be conscious of a number of fans, some who I knew, that never got to see Saints in the Final.

But we're all privileged to have seen it. Now all we need is for the team to go on and win it. Easier said than done, and I don't have any real expectations as to what to expect. Perhaps that is because I just can't quite comprehend the idea of Saints somehow lifting the trophy. But it may happen. From a footballing perspective, there is no reason why that isn't possible.

The reaction from Perth has been quite something to behold. The displays, banners, flags, signs, bunting and even, of course, the giant grouse at Broxden all kitted out. It's almost a shame to see it all have to come down.

It will be the largest Saints crowd that I've ever seen, and it may even be an historic total. From all over the world, people have bought into this game. That in itself is special to see, and it will be an experience to soak in the atmosphere, which I'm sure will be complimented by United's own historic crowd.

Like The Real Saints, I'll be in tears whatever happens tomorrow. I'll probably be tearful during the warm-up. And I'm not even ashamed of it. Throughout personal strife, illness and worry, St Johnstone, and this Scottish Cup dream, has been a constant and thoroughly enjoyable distraction in my life.

We all love our clubs, and this is the game that can make those lifelong dreams come true. Whether this dream will come true or not will be determined in the match, but the moment the team comes out of that tunnel - in blue - it will feel like that dream has in a way already been fulfilled.

Enjoy your day, everyone.

Edited by Davis Love III

Good luck to both teams, gutted that I'm missing the game due to work.

Also I strangely agree with the sentiment that cup finals are better without OF involvement (even though i'm a Celtic fan). I always think it gives our game more credibility that teams outside the OF can be competitive at least in the cup tournaments, and also generates that wee bit of romance and magic that is sadly too often missing or talked down in our game.

PS: Looking for odds on who will be spotted by the cameras first, Ewan McGregor or Lorraine Kelly????

I'm surprisingly calm atm. Maybe it's the diddy mentality of just being there but that's genuinely how i feel. I've never been more pessimistic about a game than i was the Dons semi final and i doubt i'll ever go through such a range of emotions like that again. If we win there will be tears no doubt, but if Utd win i think i'll graciously stand and clap as their boys lift the trophy(Unless that wee chate GMS dives to win a last minute penalty mind) happy to have at least finally been part of the occasion.

Sleep is beyond me. Mon United, but if the Saintees win enjoy your day, and I won't grudge you it. Win or lose, remember it could be much worse. We could be Dundee fans.

Yeah, don't have nightmares, folks! :lol:

Can't beat cup final day.Ive been through a whole range of emotions,losing to Aberdeen and Rangers in finals and winning them against Rangers, Gretna and Hibs.Utd fans have been through this for but Saints fans it's a new pain,I'd advise a fair amount of alcohol but only just enough to enable you to actually remember the day.

Extra time and penalties for me.

Cup final day and your still on about the dees,very sad,dave mckay to score winner would be sweet.

Not being facetious but you've been mentioned in about three posts in this entire thread, and thats purely down to NDD coming on and having some form of breakdown