Business / corporate speak nonsense

Whilst not technically corporate speak, it nips the f**k out of me on cooking shows when professional chefs refer to a bit of a meat as 'the protein' or 'a protein'.

Pipe down.

I had to attend a "town hall session" yesterday...

Thankfully i manage to dodge out of most of these

Heard the "low-hanging fruit" one today at work.

giphy.gif

Fudging hate it when folk use that one

Much chat of "open communication" today, there was also a "team time" meeting.

All from HR, shoot me.

Actually, the term HR itself is fcuking wankhammery - we're back to workers being called not just resources again, but humans.

Stick it up your fcking arsehole, cheers.

We also used to have a project manager who regularly tried to encourage us to greater things by saying stuff like "This is your top priority, get on it like hair on a bear!". If someone asked him to come over and look at something he'd say "I'll be there in two shakes of a lamb's tail".

Some of this talk about meetings reminded me of when I was teaching in Aberdeen and we were constantly having management meetings about what to have meetings about and how to have them all to do with Curriculum for Excellence. I think by the time I'd left I'd been to at least 5 or 6 of these, but we'd still not got round to actually having the CfE meetings.

Coming back from any training days we are now expected to "cascade" what we've learned to our colleagues. Another one that twists my nuts is "silo" mainly because I can't get where it's supposed to fit. I just want to walk out the door and not go back when they start there shite.

Our chief executive came up with a good idea the other day, 'punching through our job descriptions'. I think he means doing stuff we don't normally do. If so, he can go f**k himself, I can't even be bothered doing what I'm supposed to be doing, let alone anything else

Our chief executive came up with a good idea the other day, 'punching through our job descriptions'. I think he means doing stuff we don't normally do. If so, he can go f**k himself, I can't even be bothered doing what I'm supposed to be doing, let alone anything else

Have you thought about a career in public service. I like the cut of your gib!

An institution that is lucky to have had both our coats sitting on the backs of chairs.

I am oiling the machinery of government elsewhere now, alas. I now have jackets on chairs throughout the UK, all suggesting but not quite confirming my presence.

I'm meeting challenges head on, by thinking outside the box. I celebrate success by providing development opportunities to colleagues. Delegating and empowering decision makers to ensure stakeholders remain engaged in the key areas.