The Ashes

shetlandbairn

Guest Insight

No sir

16 x 1 = 16 + 1 stake = 17

17 x 3 = 51 +17 (stake) = 68

Its a 67/1 double!

I assume you don't bet much ;)

They wouldn't let me put on my bet of England to win and Harmison to be man of the match so I ended up just sticking a fiver on England to win at 3/1... only put a little on after hearing they hadn't beaten the Australian's at Lords in 71 years. :o

They wouldn't let me put on my bet of England to win and Harmison to be man of the match so I ended up just sticking a fiver on England to win at 3/1... only put a little on after hearing they hadn't beaten the Australian's at Lords in 71 years.  :o

597412[/snapback]

Probably wise, considering they are well on their way to losing the match.

They wouldn't let me put on my bet of England to win and Harmison to be man of the match so I ended up just sticking a fiver on England to win at 3/1... only put a little on after hearing they hadn't beaten the Australian's at Lords in 71 years.  :o

597412[/snapback]

Yes, that bet would be a related contingiency (or something like that), meaning that if Harmison had been motm then the chances of England winning would be better. This is the same reasoning that you can't bet a double on say, Alan Shearer to score first and Newcastle to win 1-0, if Shearer did score first the chances of Newcastle winning 1-0 greatly increase, hence the scorecast prices are shorter than the double would be.

Do you understand?

Guest thefamousphilosifer
Yes, that bet would be a related contingiency (or something like that), meaning that if Harmison had been motm then the chances of England winning would be better.  This is the same reasoning that you can't bet a double on say, Alan Shearer to score first and Newcastle to win 1-0, if Shearer did score first the chances of Newcastle winning 1-0 greatly increase, hence the scorecast prices are shorter than the double would be.

Do you understand?

602180[/snapback]

that isn't always the case.

For the obvious examples(Alan Shearer to score first and Newcastle to win 1-0, if Shearer did score first the chances of Newcastle winning 1-0 greatly increase, hence the scorecast prices are shorter than the double would be) that is usually correct, but for the unexpected it isn't.

For example: for tomorrow(Falkirk v ICT), Andy Lawrie first scorer and Falkirk to won 1-0 is 87/1 as a double. As a scorecast, however, its 180/1

Archived