Derek Riordan (Mind him?)

He is the only Hibs player that has ever made me worry when he had the ball. A sad sad waste of talent. When you look at what Snodgrass and Fletcher have achieved it shows. Rearend had so much more promise than either of these two.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is the only Hibs player that has ever made me worry when he had the ball. A sad sad waste of talent. When you look at what Snodgrass and Fletcher have achieved it shows. Rearend had so much more promise than either of these two.

True, I always thought DR was the better player than Fletch. Just shows what having your head screwed on and having the right people around you can do.

I'm fed up reading stories about how he's fucked up his career.

The guys a waster.

If I was a coach, I'd be continuiously shoving these stories into any promising youths that like a bevy about what happens if you go down that path. He's a dick, but moreso of one because he genuinely could have been an outstanding player.

I bet there are still some folk who would take him back at Hibs as well :lol:

Absolutely guaranteed there will be a thread/post on Steelmen over the summer claiming he could 'do a job' for us.

Pars played Hibs in a pre season game, we were getting beat and Riordan came on so spent the next twenty mins watching him.

Don't think he broke into a jog once.

Makes Berbatov look like a worker.

Pars played Hibs in a pre season game, we were getting beat and Riordan came on so spent the next twenty mins watching him.

Don't think he broke into a jog once.

Makes Berbatov look like a worker.

I was there that day, and did the same watching him bang every shot in the warm up into a corner at will. Terrific.

Should have already become a Premiership regular and had a decent haul of Scotland caps to his name.

Instead he has 3 Scotland caps, 100 goals with Hibs and a string of convictions...lived the dream? Aye very good. :lol:

Complete waste of talent. Maybe if he went to England instead of Celtic it might have been different.

Scored a lot of goals against killie, most of them crackers.

You really suggesting he wouldn't have continued to be a ned in England?

Deek actually behaved himself when he played for us but rather than knuckle down and work hard, he went to the press and whined and publicly criticized the manager. He behaved foolishly but I hope he screws the nut and gets a career in coaching or something because ability can sometimes transfer itself to knowledge and inspiration.

I once tried out for a couple of clubs and was on the verge of accepting a scholarship to a University in the States. I feel as if I'm wasted too so I know how that feels and it hurts

I once tried out for a couple of clubs and was on the verge of accepting a scholarship to a University in the States. I feel as if I'm wasted too so I know how that feels and it hurts

Sure you did Seamus!

Such a talent wasted, threads on here about Deek should have been about him winning his 50th cap or playing in the EPL but he just spunked any chance of that away, he should be held up as an example to any young kids on how not to act .

You really suggesting he wouldn't have continued to be a ned in England?

It's all ifs and buts - but if he'd got himself away from Edinburgh and his pals, he'd have stood a chance.

Then again, Garry O'Connor went abroad then down south, and never really fulfilled his promise. Riordan was the more gifted of the two though, I thought...

Can't believe he is 31.

Might be able to do a job for Hibs in the championship next season

Garry O'Connor is 31.

I also like this idea that if he'd gone down south he'd have sorted himself out, an assertion made one day after Marlon King found himself banged up for another eighteen months.

The article a while back where he talked about not wanting to move to Kaiserslautern because it would be a culture shock and how turned down Lokomotiv because he didn't want to third wheel Gary Jos and his bird, was absolutely tragic.

What struck me was just a total lack of confidence in his ability to get out of his surroundings. The schemie pals and c***s buying him drinks up George St was probably a comfort blanket that anyone with half a bit of self-esteem wouldn't require. Seems like everyone in Scotland grew up with someone who played at some kind of senior level and three or four better players that couldn't screw the nut down. Riordan is the living caricature of that problem.

It's all ifs and buts - but if he'd got himself away from Edinburgh and his pals, he'd have stood a chance.

Then again, Garry O'Connor went abroad then down south, and never really fulfilled his promise. Riordan was the more gifted of the two though, I thought...

He went to China and Bristol and didn't last long in either. He's just a waster. A shame but true.

Mental toughness and dedication make up about 90 percent of all great footballers. Just look at David Beckham; the living embodiment of how far knuckling down can take you.

Sadly for the Scottish game, Riordan is a fuckwit who has completely thrown what ever ability he had away and is now a 31 year Jakie living off past glories. No matter what club you support if you love Scotland as much as me then it is a sad and sorry tale of a talented lad getting led down the wrong path.

Riordan's finished and his future lies elsewhere away from football now. There is no way he will make it as pundit nor does he have any sort of characteristics which suggest he'd make a good coach. He should go away and concentrate his efforts and energy into education...go get a degree in something as I am sure he has money to spare.

Hopefully for his sake he turns his life around as it would be a tragedy if he ended up wasting the rest f his life.

Archived