Pre-Season Friendlies 2014/15

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Albion Rovers lost 1-0 tonight at home to St. Mirren.

Rovers are hosting a Motherwell team at Cliftonhill next Tuesday with a 7.45 kick-off. Presume it wont be their first team as they're on European duty 2 days later

All accounts we weren't overly impressive, but did have a lot of kids in the squad.

Read somewhere that Killie are going to be playing Livingston on Monday, any Killie fans know any more about it?

Heard nothing about that. We play Annan on Saturday so I'm not sure about Livingston. We played them a couple years ago so it's feasible I guess.

Not as yet. Due to the pitch it's likely we won't get one at home. However someone said we may be lining up a home friendly on 2nd august against a Dutch side. This is pitch dependent of course.

That would be good always try and and catch a killie game at home preseason esp if it's against non scots opposition any idea and as to who it may be?

Don't know why we can't get a decent premier league side or any top league side to be honest. Dundee played man city. Aberdeen had man utd in recent years. Even if its their also rans and youngsters.

Most likely it'll be paying them to come.

Don't know why we can't get a decent premier league side or any top league side to be honest. Dundee played man city. Aberdeen had man utd in recent years. Even if its their also rans and youngsters.

I know what you mean about also rans! £178m worth of opposition and some big names were in the Man City side. They must have been crap to lose to us as we only managed a 0-0 with Brechin City last night. Read Rumple's report http://www.dundeefc.co.uk/fixtures-and-results/dundee-vs-manchester-city

Next we play English League 2 opposition on Saturday at Morecambe, followed by the Jambos on Tuesday then on Friday next week Sheffield United at Bramall Lane, Hopefully that will give Hartley an idea of who to field when you guys visit Dens to open the season.

I wouldn't be surprised if we struggled to break even after paying an EPL side to come up.

Overpaid mercenaries isn't my idea of 'glamour'. Would much rather see us arrange a match against Kaiserslautern. Might even be close this time*.

*not if Miro has rejoined by that time obviously.

Archived