Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most of my mates are pars fans so I guess that's an added bonus.

I always say as I'm not a Fifer it meant more to the local guys. For me the best days have been:

Beating Brechin to get promotion - this is my favourite as I was so young and hadn't experienced any success as a Cowden fan. It was such a cliffhanger of a game. Central Park was pretty much full which would be unheard of for such a game now! And for Toorie to score.

Beating Hamilton and the Pars losing to Airdrie. No body expected this and that's what made it so great. Barely any away fans there and going 1 down we were just waiting on relegation.

Beating Elgin to win the title. Winning the league is a great achievement as you have to be consistently good for for so long. That team was special to watch and it was another one that went down to the wire.

Beating Brechin in the play offs. Having just gone up through the back door that season we all expected to struggle but somehow Lennon pulled together a fantastic squad and Gareth Wardlaw was outstanding all season. Again no one really expected us to go up that season and while we could have gone up automatically in the end thumping Brechin at the Glebe with so many away fans was great. JIMMY JIMMY.

Beating those Pars c***s. With Stewart and Hemmings I knew we were better than them but that was superb, to do it on their own patch made it all the sweeter. They were so confident.

Beating Forfar to win the title. I think this is so low because we were so comfortable in the end which shows how good a job Cameron did that season - getting it right up those Arbroath c***s too!

Was extremely hard to list them and I changed places about 20 times but that just highlights the unreal success we have had in a relatively short period of time!

I always say as I'm not a Fifer it meant more to the local guys. For me the best days have been:

Beating Brechin to get promotion - this is my favourite as I was so young and hadn't experienced any success as a Cowden fan. It was such a cliffhanger of a game. Central Park was pretty much full which would be unheard of for such a game now! And for Toorie to score.

Beating Hamilton and the Pars losing to Airdrie. No body expected this and that's what made it so great. Barely any away fans there and going 1 down we were just waiting on relegation.

Beating Elgin to win the title. Winning the league is a great achievement as you have to be consistently good for for so long. That team was special to watch and it was another one that went down to the wire.

Beating Brechin in the play offs. Having just gone up through the back door that season we all expected to struggle but somehow Lennon pulled together a fantastic squad and Gareth Wardlaw was outstanding all season. Again no one really expected us to go up that season and while we could have gone up automatically in the end thumping Brechin at the Glebe with so many away fans was great. JIMMY JIMMY.

Beating those Pars c***s. With Stewart and Hemmings I knew we were better than them but that was superb, to do it on their own patch made it all the sweeter. They were so confident.

Beating Forfar to win the title. I think this is so low because we were so comfortable in the end which shows how good a job Cameron did that season - getting it right up those Arbroath c***s too!

Was extremely hard to list them and I changed places about 20 times but that just highlights the unreal success we have had in a relatively short period of time!

that brechin game 15 years ago for me. what a day

If you've been a Cowden fan from season 2000/2001 then you've had more good times than bad times. We've been involved most of those seasons in promotion, relegation & play offs I would think. (Not looked at the stats) Better that than mid table mediocrity like the majority of lower league Scottish clubs. Never boring being a Cowden fan for sure!

My first full season watching us was the year we beat Brechin to go up with Hamilton. We've had way more good times than bad since. My Dad waited 50 odd years for a single title and I've had 2 in 15 years!

Basically I'm a glory hunter :lol:

I remember the olden days when we had to eat Coal pies and pay half a sheep to get in ,only to watch us get destroyed 0- 51.5 by Albion Rovers in the pouring snow while wearing only a string vest and nothing else. If you told the young uns today they wouldn't believe you.

Snow can't be poured

I see the 100 club has donated £11k to the club - while I don't have a problem with this as that's what the funds are there for its leaves me curious as to why this was needed in a season with such high gates.

I thought this money would be better served used in a season without the 'big three' to give us an added financial gain when needed most.

I see the 100 club has donated £11k to the club - while I don't have a problem with this as that's what the funds are there for its leaves me curious as to why this was needed in a season with such high gates.

I thought this money would be better served used in a season without the 'big three' to give us an added financial gain when needed most.

With a bit of luck, it'll be used to help pay off Jimmy Nic.

you beat me to it.

we are saying exactly the same. Whats going on? Should easily be enough income this season to cover everything or we are in huge trouble.

pity cowden cowboy is not on here. Could have shed some light.

Archived