Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

Gutted to see Iain go, as good a left back you'll get at our level. Slight step up should be ok for him. Maybe needs to get himself a bit fitter as thought he was a bit sluggish looking towards the end of the season.

Try telling ayr and townie fans its only a slight step up. they were best of rest behind rangers and were well beaten.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Ross still at Forfar?

Seemed to score a lot couple of seasons back but fell away last season

Was released last month, scored just 9 in the last three seasons compared to 49 in his first three.

Sean Higgins could be a decent signing. Wonder if Jimmy going to go with a 4-2-3-1 formation with Higgins in there as part of the 3?

Ive been in napa with Iain and his cousin and he is a top lad. Its like a marc mkenzie signing in my book e.g when he came most fans and opposing fans probably thought WTF but he did a great job for cowden especially in 2nd season.I think Iain could prove to be a decent signing and he does have a great left foot.

I think some of our signings will be determined by what system Jimmy wants to play. He admitted he doesnt really like 3-5-2 but for our current players and who we have this would be our best option. Still another 2 strikers required and a GK and a defender. The other issue is if Dean Brett gets an injury I cant see us using Kyle miller in there all the time.

Sean Higgins could be a decent signing. Wonder if Jimmy going to go with a 4-2-3-1 formation with Higgins in there as part of the 3?

Ive been in napa with Iain and his cousin and he is a top lad. Its like a marc mkenzie signing in my book e.g when he came most fans and opposing fans probably thought WTF but he did a great job for cowden especially in 2nd season.I think Iain could prove to be a decent signing and he does have a great left foot.

I think some of our signings will be determined by what system Jimmy wants to play. He admitted he doesnt really like 3-5-2 but for our current players and who we have this would be our best option. Still another 2 strikers required and a GK and a defender. The other issue is if Dean Brett gets an injury I cant see us using Kyle miller in there all the time.

McKenzie was not good enough for the Championship though. My worry is Campbell is not either, but have to give him a chance.

Higgins could be a good signing for sure, not sure how he'll do against some of the better teams in the league but sure to grab a few against the livingstons of this world.

Higgins could be a good signing for sure, not sure how he'll do against some of the better teams in the league but sure to grab a few against the livingstons of this world.

Looks like he can take a penalty. That'll bag him half a dozen goals at least going on the number we missed this season. Worth signing him for that alone.

I don't think Agnew has ever missed a penalty for us, could be wrong.

Missed against Brechin in the last minute in January 2012, Prunty scored the rebound though and we won 1-0. It's very sad I remember that.

He's a decent enough manager who has serious limitations - namely his personality. He was very stubborn and I heard at times he could be a bit of a bully. He found a formation that worked for us in the 2nd but it clearly didn't work in the 1st and he simply had no answer. He never had a plan B or changed the game.

The promotion season we played 4-5-1 with two out and out wingers and it was fantastic attacking play but it was all based upon a solid back 4 that was well protected. This went to bits in the 1st and he didn't know what to do.

His signing record is amongst the worst I've ever seen at Central Park though. Woeful.

Archived