East Region South Division Thread 2014-2015

Burnie_man

So Whitburns result today was the fact the referee was from Falkirk? Gees peace

2 big games this weekend Ronaldo-7 with Falkirk visiting Whitburn and Rosyth just along the road from that game in Blackburn.

After these games, I think the psoition will look alot clearer ;-)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 big games this weekend Ronaldo-7 with Falkirk visiting Whitburn and Rosyth just along the road from that game in Blackburn.

After these games, I think the psoition will look alot clearer ;-)

Absolutely comes down to this weekend yup, just want to wish all the teams the best of luck for the rest of the season, turned out to be a cracking wee league!

Fixtures for 25th

F&L 3rd round

Camelon/ Dunbar v Kelty

South Division

Dunbar v Blackburn (provisional)

Lochgelly v Rosyth

Pumpherson v Harthill

Stoneyburn v Livingston

W Calder v Falkirk

2.30 ko

Speaking to Lee the Rosyth manager and he says they are away to Blackburn

I don't think the referee being from Falkirk had anything to do with the decisions he made. He was just very poor, and seemed to want to be the centre of attention. His terrible decisions have probably affected the outcome of the promotion battle.

A bit like Whitburn's win at our place a few months ago when Whitburn's offside goal stood, but our equaliser was disallowed for offside when it wasn't.

Shit happens............

A bit like Whitburn's win at our place a few months ago when Whitburn's offside goal stood, but our equaliser was disallowed for offside when it wasn't.

Shit happens............

A bit like it, but not the same as your "equaliser" WAS offside.

Let's be honest the referees in the south league with the exception of 2or 3 are really very poor .I appreciate these guys have a hard job without linesmen but they give decisions which are blatantly wrong to players and supporters and seem to get worse as the game goes on.Take for instance the HARTHILLvWHITBURN game on the 4th April .Harthill score with the last kick of the ball .Referee indicates that a goal has been scored to the players but as stated in the laws of the game he should have returned to the centre circle and got Whitburn to kick off and then blow for full time but this referee who had a decent game after awarding the goal decided not to bother and told the players the game was finished and walked off with the players .If they don't follow the rules what else can they expect but stick.I was at the WEST CALDER game on Saturday and I must admit I was pretty critical of his performance .Apart from his decisions ?he must have been at least 2stone overweight not a good sight on a referee.Finally if the burnie do not get promotion which now looks highly unlikely it will be down to dropping stupid points over the season .May I wish the guys from BOTH teams all the best on Saturday but unfortunately I will be in sunnier climes and miss what could be the game of the season for us .

A bit like it, but not the same as your "equaliser" WAS offside.

I think the picture at http://blackburnunited.dotphoto.com/CPViewAlbum.asp?AID=6683987&IID=270961396&Page=1 (if the link works!!) goes a long way to proving that the Blackburn "goal" that afternoon wasn't offside. As the ball was knocked down to him Lurinsky moved towards it to shoot while the Whitburn No.16 moved out to play him offside, but not quickly enough. The referee's decision would/should have been made when the ball was played (i.e. when it was knocked down to Lurinsky).....this photo was taken a split second after that and even then he appears - worst case - to be in line with the No.16 meaning he was actually onside.

However, the point is shit does indeed happen!! I don't think there are any referee's out there looking to favour one side or another, they just have tough calls to make that most times they get right but some times they get wrong - like this one!! ^_^

Saw a ref a few weeks disallow a perfect goal as the ball went thru a hole in the middle of the net at Harthill Dunbar game

Exactly, you can understand refs getting offsides wrong without linesmen, especially offsides like mentioned above that are that close that both set of supporters see it differently, where as the disallowed goal you mention there is no excuse for that.

you and me both lee what with the bluebell and bathgate winning a first and a fourth in the national then stevie winning in poland some weekend min

My horses were a disaster in the national, but the football made up for it,don't follow mma but the lad must be really good if he is going to Poland and winning.

Better speak too him again then as they are at Blackburn on 18th not 25th

I have the decency to apologise when wrong do I hear you apologise when Lee admitted he got mixed up with dates fife journeyman

Archived