East Region South Division Thread 2014-2015

Burnie_man

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done haddington winning the league, although spending that amount of money (most in the league) it would have been a bit of a failure not getting promoted. Well done Harvey and the committee they must be delighted after so many close runs.

Saturday 18th could be crunch day in my opinion with falkirk traveling to Whitburn..

Agree I think whoever wins that game will finish in 2nd spot behind Haddington.

Falkirk have been the best team in the league bar none since Christmas and after a very bad start to the season Whitburn have been going along very nicely.

Just a shame that Central Park will not be ready for this game and it will be at Whitburn Academy.

Agree I think whoever wins that game will finish in 2nd spot behind Haddington.

Falkirk have been the best team in the league bar none since Christmas and after a very bad start to the season Whitburn have been going along very nicely.

Just a shame that Central Park will not be ready for this game and it will be at Whitburn Academy.

Would not rule out Rosyth as a draw between Falkirk and Whitburn and a Rosyth win on that same day could well put them in contention for second place if they keep winning until then but no matter what it's going to be a great finish to see who joins Haddington in the premier league

Would not rule out Rosyth as a draw between Falkirk and Whitburn and a Rosyth win on that same day could well put them in contention for second place if they keep winning until then but no matter what it's going to be a great finish to see who joins Haddington in the premier league

correct jim rosyth not out of it yet but falkirk look unstoppable at moment

How can someone registered with another club and sent off when playing for a junior club appear as a suspended player on the region website for that club when not a registered player and does the suspension effect playing for the amateur club that holds registration.

How can someone registered with another club and sent off when playing for a junior club appear as a suspended player on the region website for that club when not a registered player and does the suspension effect playing for the amateur club that holds registration.

Is it a riddle?

McBookie.Com South Division
Harthill Royal 1 Whitburn Juniors 3
Lochgelly Albert 1 Pumpherston Juniors 1
Rosyth 7 Stoneyburn Juniors 0
West Calder United 3 Crossgates Primrose 1

Dechmont Forklift [Fife & Lothians] Cup 2nd Round

Bo'ness United 2 Livingston United 0

Dechmont Forklift [Fife & Lothians] Cup 3rd Round

Blackburn United 1 Bonnyrigg Rose 1
[blackburn Utd won 4-3 on pens]

Well done Blackburn - late, late equaliser for Bonnyrigg as well

Dechmont Forklift [Fife & Lothians] Cup 3rd Round

Blackburn United 1 Bonnyrigg Rose 1

[blackburn Utd won 4-3 on pens]

Well done Blackburn - late, late equaliser for Bonnyrigg as well

Very late, the last kick of the ball in fact and the only shot on target from Rose all game (sad, as it would have been our first ever win over Bonnyrigg), but young Connor Shaw saved two penalties to take the deserved win.

Well, I can now post some statto updates without fear of being a jinx! (I did post (on another board) after another great start in 12/13 that we'd grabbed almost half the points needed in our first 9 games. Look how that turned out!) For Haddington, a win at Livingston in their last outing would see them on 65 pts from 26, which would be their record points haul for any season on record. It would also trump Nitten's 68 from 28, set in the first season of the South Division, way back in 06/07. Some icing on the cake to top off our 75th anniversary celebrations (although I've now jinxed it :D )

McBookie.Com South Division
Harthill Royal 1 - 3 Whitburn Juniors
Lochgelly Albert 1 - 1 Pumpherston Juniors
Rosyth 7 - 0 Stoneyburn Juniors
West Calder United 3 - 1 Crossgates Primrose

The race for 2nd place and promotion is nice and tight - vindication, if needed, that the reorganisation of the Region's competitions has been good for this division. Theoretically (or arithmetically) 5 teams are still in that chase but I don't think I'd be slighting anybody if I suggest that the prize will end up at one of Falkirk, Rosyth or Whitburn. For me, it's too close to call. 56 points has been the guarantee of 2nd place in the South Division since it started but whether that will be enough this year is open to debate

lg_zps2yosuaf7.jpg

Max pts available:

Haddington 65, Falkirk 61, Rosyth, Whitburn 58, Dunbar 54, Blackburn 52

Avg pts per game:

Haddington 2.48, Whitburn 2.17, Falkirk 2.15, Rosyth 2,09, Dunbar 1.86, Blackburn 1.82

Hot shots (most goals for per game):

Haddington 3.52, Rosyth 3.32, Dunbar 3.14, Whitburn 3.04, Falkirk 2.75, Blackburn 2.41

Meanies (least goals against per games):

West Calder 1.29, Rosyth, 1.32, Falkirk 1.35, Blackburn 1.50, Haddington 1.62, Whitburn 1.67

Form over last 6 games:

W6 D0 L0 Falkirk, Whitburn

W5 D0 L1 Haddington

W3 D2 L1 Rosyth, West Calder, Blackburn

W3 D1 L2 Dunbar

Falkirk's run, of course, actually extends to 13 games unbeaten since 20/09/14, having dropped only 2 points during that time. I can't think of any club that's come close to that since the South Division started

The run-in:

Falkirk - Stoneyburn H (11/04), Whitburn A (18/04), Dunbar A, West Calder A, Harthill H, Lochgelly H

Rosyth - Crossgates A (11/04), Blackburn A (18/04), Lochgelly A, Dunbar H

Whitburn - West Calder H (11/04), Falkirk A (18/04)

Blackburn - Tranent H (11/04), Rosyth A (18/04), Dunbar A, Stoneyburn H

Dunbar - Pumpherston A (11/04), Rosyth A, Stoneyburn A, Blackburn H, Falkirk H

Cup representation

Fife & Lothians 3 Rd

Camelon / Dunbar v Kelty Hearts

Fife & Lothians 4 Rd (has the draw been made?)

Blackburn

Dunbar are still in the Fife and Lothians cup as well after a wasted journey to Camelon today. Match postponed less than an hour before kick off after the referee deemed pitch unplayable.

Cheers for that - original post updated.

Archived