East Region South Division Thread 2014-2015

Burnie_man

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Livingston have have won 6 of their last 8 games, hardly the form of a poor team, if you were to check the leagues you would see they would be sitting in the top 3 based on their form over the last 3 months. Were you even at their game last week. By all accounts they should have been 3 up at Falkirk before a poor 2nd half.

League form over last 6 games - which will take some of us back to the start of November, so treat with caution...

lg_zps090a2af6.jpg

Statement on Tranent Juniors F.C. Facebook page

"Tranent Juniors F.C. Would like to thank twin for all his hard work and commitment.

The position of manager is now available.

we would like to hear from any one interested in filling this role.

All enquiries will be treated in confidence

The closing date for interest will be Sunday 8th Februrary 2015

Please contact club secretary on 07724727813 or Robert.mcneill49@btinternet.com"

Another defeat from tranent by ultimately a poor livingston team who were beaten 6.1 the week before. Livingston played well and ultimately looked like they were going to score with every attack. If it wasnt for our goaly it could have been a cricket score. TNT is turning into a complete shambles, Twin has resigned i hear so i thought ,great maybe we will advertise the job and get someone in who can attract players and who has a knowledge of the game, instead when i walk through the street tonight im told they are giving the job to another friend of the committee and another tranent man curley the assistant. What on earth are these guys doing to our club??? its an absolute shambles. This season has been a complete pharse in the last month we have lost our 2 best players Finlayson and ross our coach derek and kenny rafferty. i could be wrong but i thing finlayson rafferty and ross are the only players to have played for another junior team before. Today i witnessed a team of 13 lost boys out there who were pummeled by a poor junior side and these guys behind the scenes are letting this happen. We need a serious shake up asap before its too little too late. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but i cant help thinking where we would be now if we gave jonny harvey the job like we should have at the start of last season??

interestin points here the whole set up at tranent now is a farce and the committtee yet again r destroyin this club as they have done in the past the fact that jonny harvey went elsewhere is no surprise to me tbh this guy would have been wasted at tranent and wood probably have found numerous obstacles put in his way anyway livi can only beat whats put out in front of them tbh but altho they have had some heavy defeats r a good workmanlike side overall as for tranent its yet again shoot in the foot time bottom of the league beckons no doubt

they used tae call harthill west calder n pumphy nothin mair than pub teams even these clubs r run better than tranent who have no ambition at all now this club is constantly been going downhill for the last few seasons and if theres not a dramatic turnaround soon this once great club could hit the buffers alas

Tranent should have gone outwith the club when Hamish left 3 or 4 months ago and perhaps the players who have left the club might still have been here as It would appear to have been the running of the club which prompted their departures.Itis going to be an uphill struggle for the new manager and I hope that he is left to get on with it without any interference from the committee,

Tranent should have gone outwith the club when Hamish left 3 or 4 months ago and perhaps the players who have left the club might still have been here as It would appear to have been the running of the club which prompted their departures.Itis going to be an uphill struggle for the new manager and I hope that he is left to get on with it without any interference from the committee,

spot oan palmerston interference from the committee at tranent has been going on for yeers the manager has to b outwith the club n b left to do the job in hand if tranent ever want to b a big club again n thats a fact

The squad we had at the start of season and guys a convinced to come where brilliant we were looking good yes we lost to dunbar first game but we looked good but the whole set up was a shambles was promised so much wasn't even about money as there was none just stupidly thought it was the tranent of old and thought we can be challenging we beat falkirk, Pumpherston, crossgates and drew with west calder then I left as the way it was run was s shambles then the rest followed suit all down hill From there club has massive potential but committee needs changed hopefully they can b ousted but will probably be harder than ousting the ibrox board great club great potential rubbish behind the scenes!! Somebody save them

Lothianstar 9 How small do you feel now the post has been advertised. Just shows you know nothing.!!!!!!!

how small do I feel? Not very, I'm delighted it's went out to applicants, it's what we need. I'm just worried at who that committee are capable of appointing. I agree with everyone, it's the committee that needs changing too but at the end of the day junior football committees ain't easy to come by, very time consuming and takes a lot of effort

i am sure if you approach any of the committee they would welcome anyone who has the time to spare, what is needed is people to sell the lottery , be available for homes games at least to help putting and taking down goalposts you know all the onerous tasks that most people would not do especially on a cold January morning , look for sponsorships, any help in raising any form of cash do any off you know how much it takes to run a junior club each year,

Don't think anybody is questioning the work committee do . What were saying is the decisions to give hamish then twin the job after letting harvey go was the wrong decisions . The next choice of manager is absolutely crucial . Nothing against curley who I believe is there just now but he's not the man for the job . Fresh approach is needed

the job has now been advertised and the club will carry out interviews with any interested individuals closing date 8th february but the club I am aware will take their time and ensure the appropriate person is appointed who can take the club forward

Don't think anybody is questioning the work committee do . What were saying is the decisions to give hamish then twin the job after letting harvey go was the wrong decisions . The next choice of manager is absolutely crucial . Nothing against curley who I believe is there just now but he's not the man for the job . Fresh approach is needed

Who is available though, with a fresh approach I mean. Haddington and Dunbar United both made bold choices in the summer in terms of young, fresh managers but in all honesty they were obvious choices for both clubs imo. To be fair Harvey was not a rookie manager after a great season at Edinburgh and time at Tranent but definately a fresh approach to McLeish and the club seem to have benefited massively so far. Jones at Dunbar was a complete novice though, but having ammassed 400+ appearances as a player he knew Dunbar inside out and I have heard the changes he has made within the club have been quite significant and would seem to be working so far, albeit results have dropped away recently.

Are there any obvious names for Tranent though?? Not so sure.

football is about opinions however there are those who continually take great pleasure in knocking players managers and committee my experience tells me that they are the ones who watch the game from the other side of the fence or sit in the local pub slagging the club of on social media, if these people have anything constructive to say then pay your money and come and watch the games, take out a club membership and attend the agm and voice your opinion, or even better come on the committee and help and support the club or better still approach any committee member and express your views i am sure they will listen

football is about opinions however there are those who continually take great pleasure in knocking players managers and committee my experience tells me that they are the ones who watch the game from the other side of the fence or sit in the local pub slagging the club of on social media, if these people have anything constructive to say then pay your money and come and watch the games, take out a club membership and attend the agm and voice your opinion, or even better come on the committee and help and support the club or better still approach any committee member and express your views i am sure they will listen

Sorry you misinterpret my post. I am not having a go, just questioning if there is an obvious choice as a young, fresh manager.....

Archived