East Region South Division Thread 2014-2015

Burnie_man

We're certainly not a long ball team (never have been!), the problem today was we weren't getting enough ball into feet further up the park or out wide, something we started to do second half and pinned Falkirk back for spells. First half we had a lot of possession without hurting Falkirk. Falkirk themselves never really hurt us from open play, it was the set pieces that caused the problems tody.

You're right, all about opinions. I thought we deserved a point for the second half performance alone, but I can't really argue too much about losing the three points, we were below par today.

Absolutely, it would be boring if everyone had the same opinions haha.

Falkirk didn't really hurt Blackburn from open play, but then the same can be said about Blackburn not hurting Falkirk from open play. Despite all Blackburn's second half attacks only goal they got was from a deflected shot.

The final result was down to Blackburn not taking their chances and Falkirk scoring from theirs.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lads I disagree the first goal was from open play!! The ball was worked well down the right hand side when the right wingers exquisite baw into the "corridor of uncertainty" picked out wee smokey for the first!!

Haha, "corridor of uncertainty" brilliant!

I thought it was from a corner, my mistake, first goal was from open play.

Falkirks first goal was a cross from the right and smokey got his goal, the second game from a free kick with ding finishing with a bullet header, and the 3rd a great flick by tank into the winger who cooly chipped it over the defenders head to set himself up to header it over the keeper, Blackburn should have took there chance they had one shot on goal, the big man could have got his cigar out apart from a few kicks, the goal came from nothing the shot was hitting the corner flag and the boy managed to get in the way of it to put it in,

Falkirks first goal was a cross from the right and smokey got his goal, the second game from a free kick with ding finishing with a bullet header, and the 3rd a great flick by tank into the winger who cooly chipped it over the defenders head to set himself up to header it over the keeper, Blackburn should have took there chance they had one shot on goal, the big man could have got his cigar out apart from a few kicks, the goal came from nothing the shot was hitting the corner flag and the boy managed to get in the way of it to put it in,

Only a keeper would say that! ????

Saturday 24 January 2015

Blackburn United v Haddington Athletic

Crossgates Primrose v Pumpherston Juniors

Falkirk JFC v Livingston United

Lochgelly Albert v Harthill Royal

Rosyth v Tranent Juniors

West Calder United v Stoneyburn Juniors

Lochore Welfare v Dunbar United (EoS cup)

Whitburn - free week?

KOs 1.45

Looks like Whitburn do have a free week with the only other team they could play was Edinburgh in the cup but they have a league game next week.

Whitburn have been on a good run before Christmas but with no game next weekend they won't have had a game in over 1month.

LOL, I smell a Falkirk goalie

With Whitburn not having a game this weekend I was looking at going to Blackburn's game against Haddington.

Hope our neighbours can do us a wee favour if the game is on.

If not the Falkirk game may be a good shout with them on a good run at the moment.

Surely it's time for the dream team at Tranent to go,they have went backwards from when Hamish was there.was at game today and not 1 player in that team should be playing junior football.embarrassing!

That's a shocking comment, team are struggling but a lot of the players have done well at junior in the past. Fud!

Dunbar 2-2 Ormiston (friendly)

Sam Young (pen), Danny Taylor

We were ment to have them in the league today. Told there was a pitch inspection at 10:30 down Ormiston yet seen on a dunbar supporters twitter ( i think ) that a friendly had been arranged at 10:00. How did they play?

There's players in that team Good enough for junior although They do however lack confidence which comes from losing game after game . Agree with you there's 5/6 boys in the squad that really toil at this level . Still feel the coaching staff made errors in letting players leave that are decent junior performers . Then Ross away to dunbar is another massive loss . Really not sure where they go from here

Archived