Heart of Midlothian 2014-

Number of points off the top = 16

Number of points dropped against the bottom 4 = 17 (15 away from home)

I'm not saying we should be near the top this season or even that we should have done better with this squad, but that's one area where we need to improve next season. At least 8 of those points can be put down to red cards, so there's a start.

Tbf, Aberdeen have dropped plenty of points to the bottom 6 and Celtic too. Nobody wins every game they expect to.

Dropping points because of daft red cards is a big problem though

Number of points off the top = 16

Number of points dropped against the bottom 4 = 17 (15 away from home)

I'm not saying we should be near the top this season or even that we should have done better with this squad, but that's one area where we need to improve next season. At least 8 of those points can be put down to red cards, so there's a start.

I would agree with that. A bit more of that ruthlessness we had in the championship would be what we could do with a bit more of for next season. I think the good thing is at least we know what our problems are and we've been very good at correcting are issues, whether it is competing in tougher games, adapting to losing Sow and finding players to improve the team.

It's what's RN has said, and it's an area we need to match Aberdeen on. Grinding out results. Finding a way to win.

The second Hamilton Accies away game sticks out for me as a prime example. Down to 10 men, comfortable at 0-0 but Zanatta misses an absolute sitter to get all 3 points.

Small margins but it all adds up. Two shite performances in Inverness as well.

Tbf, Aberdeen have dropped plenty of points to the bottom 6 and Celtic too. Nobody wins every game they expect to.

Dropping points because of daft red cards is a big problem though

Yep, but 5 wins in 12 against those teams is still poorer than you'd expect.

Like I say, I'm not one of those calling this season a "missed opportunity" or anything because, as you point out, Celtic and Aberdeen would have similar "what if" stories. If we want to improve next season, though, we need to cut out the red cards and be a bit more ruthless.

I think the spine of the team is looking good. A couple of more creative players, one or two two more striking options as well as a decent left-back and the team would be in very good shape.

From 4th to 11th the teams are much of a muchness in this league. Agreed that discipline has cost us several points though. Always going to get inconsistency with a young squad but hopefully next season we will be more ruthless. 

I've warmed to Reilly. After a slow start he's begun to look decent when he occasionally gets some game time. Keatings :lol:

He's better than Keatings, but not by much of a distance tbh. He has potential and certainly gives his all. Unsure he'll quite make the grade at this level though.

Edited by boohoo1902