Heart of Midlothian 2014-

5 hours ago, NorthernJambo said:

Nicest thing I've been called on here. Aw, wait, you mean "the m9's"? My day ruined!
They're not even tedious. I think they're cute. They take great interest in the things that we love and are always here, like a wee puppy running about the feet of its owner.

^^^doing it wrong 

16 minutes ago, Bambino7 said:

Class signing.  Keep them coming Cathro.

Isn't this on Craig Levein?  

Either way, the most generous term I can use for his career numbers so far is underwhelming.  He's scored 29 goals in 145 league appearances in English League Two and Conference, which isn't exactly stellar.  I hope for Hearts fans he turns into a Louis Moult type, but I predict he will end up being more like a shit Joe Garner

10 minutes ago, Owsley said:

Same route as Louis Moult and he's done OK.

Exactly.  Fine signing with plenty of potential.  He scored 8 goals in the Vauxhall Conference this season.  

1 minute ago, senorsoupe said:

Either way, the most generous term I can use for his career numbers so far is underwhelming.  He's scored 29 goals in 145 league appearances in English League Two and Conference, which isn't exactly stellar.  I hope for Hearts fans he turns into a Louis Moult type, but I predict he will end up being more like a shit Joe Garner

Whoever it is they are playing a blinder here. 

Joe Garner is better than most our players though...

3 minutes ago, NorthernJambo said:

Joe Garner is better than most our players though...

Eh?

Are we talking about the Joe Garner who plays for Sevco and scored 10 goals in 34 games, most of those against an absolutely horrible Hamilton team?  The same Joe Garner who scored dick all at any level above English League One?  The same Joe Garner who is a nutter and should have been sent off on multiple occasions?  Looking at your squad I would say that Garner would maybe be your second best striker (after Goncalves) and there are a number of other players I rate more highly than him.  I'm not just saying this as a Celtic fan, I genuinely think Garner is pish regardless of who he plays for.

Eh?
Are we talking about the Joe Garner who plays for Sevco and scored 10 goals in 34 games, most of those against an absolutely horrible Hamilton team?  The same Joe Garner who scored dick all at any level above English League One?  The same Joe Garner who is a nutter and should have been sent off on multiple occasions?  Looking at your squad I would say that Garner would maybe be your second best striker (after Goncalves) and there are a number of other players I rate more highly than him.  I'm not just saying this as a Celtic fan, I genuinely think Garner is pish regardless of who he plays for.

That exact one. For quickest and simplest terms, Wikipedia has us Gavin 6 forwards (obviously excluding our new lad, he's probably not on Wikipedia). You say he'd be 2nd only to Isma. So he's better than most our players really. (It's stupid to compare him against players in different positions). I also agree Joe (Joey) Garner is absolute dug meat. I wasn't praising him.

17 hours ago, Mr. X said:

Did you just make up the story or are you in the know?

What story? Levein is a liar and a shitebag.

2 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

15 goals in 6 years. another shrewd signing by Cathro

He scored 18 last season bud, so you might want to check that one again.

2 minutes ago, NorthernJambo said:

That exact one. For quickest and simplest terms, Wikipedia has us Gavin 6 forwards (obviously excluding our new lad, he's probably not on Wikipedia). You say he'd be 2nd only to Isma. So he's better than most our players really. (It's stupid to compare him against players in different positions). I also agree Joe (Joey) Garner is absolute dug meat. I wasn't praising him.

He would be second best of your forwards mostly because Hearts have a lack of depth up front.  Your second best striker (of the 6 listed on Wiki) is Bjorn Johnsen so I would rate Garner slightly above Johnsen but a long way behind Goncalves.  

Either way Garner is my gold standard for shite forwards, at least this Stockton lad isn't costing you anything so if he doesn't score a single goal then he will be better value for money than Garner.

League 2/National League is about the standard of the Scottish Championship that Hibs toiled in for three years while tugging themselves silly about their players, so I think this lad could do not too badly.

2 minutes ago, Elixir said:

League 2/National League is about the standard of the Scottish Championship that Hibs toiled in for three years while tugging themselves silly about their players, so I think this lad could do not too badly.

Did he win the Vanarama Trophy though?