Heart of Midlothian 2014-

I'd be very surprised if we pull this off if celtic and a championship club are our challengers for signing him. Incredible coup if they do. We'd only be just the ten years late in receiving these world cup stars!

Keatings is more intelligent on the ball and has a better scoring record, Carrick won't be at Hearts next year imo.

How is he more intelligent on the ball? He nearly always looked to get the shot away and couldn't hold it in well at all.

Yes he has a better goalscoring record, but at a lower level. The only real run Carrick got under Locke he scored 6 in 13 I think it was. He's a better all round player IMO and has the potential to get better. He does need to play though.

I like Carrick and feel this his pace and movement gives an extra dimension to our attacking play (when he's fit).

I'd rather have him than Keatings every day of the week, that's for sure.

Edited by FTH

Keatings is more intelligent on the ball and has a better scoring record, Carrick won't be at Hearts next year imo.

The first part is just wrong and the second is factually correct but difficult to judge the two given Carrick barely played last season.

The first part is just wrong and the second is factually correct but difficult to judge the two given Carrick barely played last season.

It's not wrong it's an opinion, I think Keatings is a more intelligent player. Carrick was great toward the end of the season under Locke, he's not a clever player though. He's quick and deceptively strong but his movement and passing show he isn't as intelligent as Keatings. All in my opinion!

For what its worth, both keatings and carrick aren't good enough for the premier league IMO. Both goalscorers with differing styles but i think the calibre of forwards we need have to be of a higher standard.

Keatings did well last season but his limitations were evident when he dropped deep on occasion and looked a bit out of place, he needs to playing with a partner, someone who can supply him.

Carrick, we've definitely not seen the best of at tynie. Injury has undoubtedly hampered his progress but i've never really ever thought there was enough to his all round game to be anything more than a prospect.

Both good lads, always put in a shift and wish them all the best (don't think carrick will be offered a new deal) but if we've ambitions of top 6 football moving forward, the harsh reality is these 2 are back up players at the absolute best.

Edited by Dirty Debbie Harry

I hear Carrick & Oliver are palmerston bound plus a wee bit cash for to help thevGav Reilly deal go thro. Whats the thoughts on these 2 players.

Oliver's young but seems quite confident. Not seen enough about him but he is rated as one of the better ones.

As others have said, Dale's been injured a lot but needs to get a run of games going.started to come onto a game as soon as lockey played him for more than 5 mins. His old man's a QOS fan so could be a great signing for yous!

David Knox

Ian Gray

Andy Norris

They 3 names mean much to anyone?

Knox, Gray & Norris were a soul funk power trio active in the late 70s. They enjoyed little commercial success outside their native Canada but "Blow the roof off this place" and "Funking time again" both appeared on the soundtrack of Shaft sequels. The band split and Norris went on to a short stint as bongo player for Earth Wind & Fire

It's not wrong it's an opinion, I think Keatings is a more intelligent player. Carrick was great toward the end of the season under Locke, he's not a clever player though. He's quick and deceptively strong but his movement and passing show he isn't as intelligent as Keatings. All in my opinion!

Keatings is clever in the runs he makes and how he drags defenders out of position but I don't think he's particularly intelligent on the ball. He always seemed trigger happy to me - not necessarily a bad thing but he was hardly making defence splitting passes every week.

Carrick is far more cute a player. Some of his flick ons are majestic. He'll be brilliant up front with Sow if they can stay fit and develop an understanding.

Amazing how people see things differently. Still think you were wrong :lol:

Keatings is clever in the runs he makes and how he drags defenders out of position but I don't think he's particularly intelligent on the ball. He always seemed trigger happy to me - not necessarily a bad thing but he was hardly making defence splitting passes every week.

Carrick is far more cute a player. Some of his flick ons are majestic. He'll be brilliant up front with Sow if they can stay fit and develop an understanding.

Amazing how people see things differently. Still think you were wrong :lol:

I agree with you. Keatings is a good player for the Championship and he'll be good for about 15 goals if he's a regular starter. He's very good at getting into goalscoring positions and he's capable of finishing well, though he often needs 2/3 chances to score. Intelligent on the ball, though? I wouldn't say so. We were at our poorest this season when he was on his own up front. That's not his fault and he chipped in with a few goals at that time, but he's far more of a poacher than an all-round striker.

By contrast, Carrick did very well on his own up front in this division above in a pretty shite team. Once he'd bulked up he'd shown himself to be quite effective at holding the ball up as well having a decent scoring rate. He's barely featured this season so it's hard to tell whether that was just a purple patch/whether the injuries have affected his game but if I had to pick then I'd say Carrick is more likely to become an effective striker in the top league.