Heart of Midlothian 2014-

That would entail a cracking season for the big man, and a healthy transfer fee - great piece of business from our Director of Football. 8)

Which is what it's all about after all. It would of course convince similar talents to showcase in Scotland with the promise of good coaching and the chance to move on if the chance arises.

Which is what it's all about after all. It would of course convince similar talents to showcase in Scotland with the promise of good coaching and the chance to move on if the chance arises.

I think Levein used to say he didn't want players that were good enough to play for Hearts - he wanted players that were good enough to play for better teams than Hearts - if we lose them, we'll have had a decent return on them.

How do you ken that?

I can't disclose my source I'm afraid. 8)

However, let's just say the money getting forked out in Denmark is a fair amount more than it is here. Although that's unsurprising given they have a far superior TV deal.

I think Levein used to say he didn't want players that were good enough to play for Hearts - he wanted players that were good enough to play for better teams than Hearts - if we lose them, we'll have had a decent return on them.

All a fair cop I would say and I agree.

The boy looks an absolute player. Bearing in mind that the Greek Superleague is roughly ten places higher than the Scottish Premiership in the UEFA coefficient rankings.

Number 19 as well.

jj.png

The boy looks an absolute player. Bearing in mind that the Greek Superleague is roughly ten places higher than the Scottish Premiership in the UEFA coefficient rankings.

Number 19 as well.

jj.png

That must be the first ever goal compilation to be soundtracked by The Police and Blink 182.

Wouldn't say he looks like an "absolute player" based on that, a few nice finishes and bits of skill aside. There are also some bits where he looks quite cumbersome. Still, looks like he could do a job.

Juanma has officially signed: http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/4397

How do people think we're going to line up this season? Neilson seemed keen on using Sow out wide towards the end fo the season with Zeefuik through the middle so I suspect that's the way we'll go with Juanma instead of Zeefuik. I'm not sure that Sow's not wasted out wide but I can see the logic behind it.

Alexander

Paterson Ozturk Augustyn McHattie

Pallardo Gomis

King Walker Sow

Juanma

Subs: Hamilton, McGhee, Smith, Buaben, Nicholson, El Hassnaoui, Reilly.

We'll probably sign a left back to play ahead of McHattie and we need more cover at centre-back. Gomis was excellent for us last year but he struggled sometimes when teams pressed him, so based on that and his last season at Dundee United I wouldn't be too sure of his place in the team and I wouldn't mind if we signed another midfielder. I wouldn't be sure of King's place in the team either but aside from that I think it's pretty close.

I'm sure we'll see the Sow on the left experiment again in pre-season; I didn't like the look of it before, but that was with Zeefuik barely moving about at all. If Juanma is willing to put himself about and find space then I think it could work.

Definitely need a left back to play ahead of McHattie. We'll need defensive solidity going up against the likes of Jonny Hayes, Lionel Ainsworth, GMS, Greg Stewart, etc. McHattie could get away with it against part time teams, but not now. If Nicholson doesn't find form again I'd try McHattie further forward, as I think I prefer Walker playing in the middle. But then again, we shouldn't need to do CGR-inspired mad experiments during the season with the amount of planning and preparation we should (and will be) doing in pre-season.

Gomis will be one of the first names on the team sheet I suspect, but I share most peoples' concerns over his ability when pressed and his indiscipline at times.

I'm unconvinced we need another body for centre back, unless Ozturk or Augustyn get a long-term injury early in the season, or Levein finds us a great deal. As I've said before, I'd rather the budget was used primarily for another left back and a midfielder before another centre back.

Personally, I'd play:

Alexander

Dr Funk Ozturk Augustyn New LB

King Buaben Pallardo Nicholson

Walker

Sow / Juanma

Gomis will be one of the first names on the team sheet I suspect, but I share most peoples' concerns over his ability when pressed and his indiscipline at times.

I'm unconvinced we need another body for centre back, unless Ozturk or Augustyn get a long-term injury early in the season, or Levein finds us a great deal. As I've said before, I'd rather the budget was used primarily for another left back and a midfielder before another centre back.

Agree about Gomis, although I think Buaben also has a tendency to dwell on the ball too long. He might be a better foil for Pallardo, although I wouldn't rule out Anderson (or El Hassnaoui for that matter) playing a bigger role than expected.

Hasn't Augustyn done both his knees in the past? He's certainly had a history of injuries anyway. If he gets injured in September then we're left with Jordan McGhee as the only back-up with first team experience and he's not exactly proven at this level. He's probably first choice back-up to Paterson as well. I'd feel much safer if we had another body in there, wouldn't have to be a world-beater.

Hasn't Augustyn done both his knees in the past? He's certainly had a history of injuries anyway. If he gets injured in September then we're left with Jordan McGhee as the only back-up with first team experience and he's not exactly proven at this level. He's probably first choice back-up to Paterson as well. I'd feel much safer if we had another body in there, wouldn't have to be a world-beater.

Definitely need to sign another left back - another centre-half would be a good idea as well, imo.

I agree, although McHattie has/had potential, I don't think he's at the required standard of what we need. I think another left back will be the next priority. As for the Sow experiment, I wasn't a fan, I feel he's much more use down the middle with either Nicholson or King running at full backs. But as CGR stated, when he was on the left, that was with Zeefuik who barely moved. It might be different this time round.

Agree about Gomis, although I think Buaben also has a tendency to dwell on the ball too long. He might be a better foil for Pallardo, although I wouldn't rule out Anderson (or El Hassnaoui for that matter) playing a bigger role than expected.

Yeah, I think Buaben and Pallardo are a better match than Gomis and the latter. I completely forgot about Anderson tbh; it gives away my general position on him as not seen enough yet (due to playing time, of course). He was overrated by some in his few appearances, although did look tidy enough.

I'm expecting (okay, hoping) that El Hass starts making strides this season. He'll be competing for the spot just off the striker. He tries really hard (too hard, at times) to succeed; and while some of his attempted flicks haven't come off for him, it shows that he has a mind for linking up play around the opposition's area. All in all, I think he's got a rough ride from some (mostly drooling Kickback cretins).

I think I've overlooked Augustyn's injury woes. I though he'd only done one ligament, not two. I've seen in a couple of places that we are in for another defender (exact position not specified), so I think that the thought process of the management team may be parallel to yours.

I hope McGhee isn't first-choice backup to Paterson - we should be playing him in his best position. I haven't seen enough of the u20s to rule whether Liam Smith is ready to be backup to the first team.

Levein tweeted this earlier when someone asked him about a new left-back: "working on it. Complicated but making progress"

Hopefully that means there is more truth to this: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11790/9874899/nigeria-defender-juwon-oshaniwa-says-uk-clubs-want-to-sign-him

He also said a friendly at Tynecastle will be announced soon. Apparently it will be Everton.

Levein tweeted this earlier when someone asked him about a new left-back: "working on it. Complicated but making progress"

Hopefully that means there is more truth to this: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11790/9874899/nigeria-defender-juwon-oshaniwa-says-uk-clubs-want-to-sign-him

He also said a friendly at Tynecastle will be announced soon. Apparently it will be Everton.

Hibs are trying to change the date of that diddy cup we are in so we can play Everton I think on the 25th July, if it doesn't happen hearts will play them. If it does happen Hearts have Wigan lined up as replacements.