Heart of Midlothian 2014-

You don't surely think Reilly is as good as Keattings do you? Massive mistake letting him go - especially when Sow leaves in the summer.
Fucking lol. We signed him because we thought he'd pop in a few goals against shitey wee teams (Neilson essentially said as much at the time) and he did that for us. He looked lost any time we played Hibs or Rangers and the attacking side of the team was much less effective between Sow getting injured and Zeefuik being signed because his link-up play isn't really up to scratch. Hamilton fans said pretty much the same thing last year and that's probably why Jason Scotland was preferred to him in the play-off.A good signing for Hibs against Championship teams but not good enough for a top half team in the Premiership. I note he's scored 6 of his 7 goals against the bottom 4 by the way. What a surprise.I hope Sow stays but if he doesn't then I hope we try to sign someone who is at least remotely capable of doing the same job, and that isn't James Keatings.
Yet Hamilton and Hearts wanted to keep him and Killie St Johnstone and Dundee Utd offered him contracts?
Given that we had him under contract and still allowed him to leave for free, I'm going to enjoy hearing your explanation for this one.Killie also offered Scott Robinson a contract, St Johnstone offered Brad McKay a contract and Dundee United offered Dark Bodul a contract. They must be good enough too.

Is that why he left Hamilton to join hearts previously then yeah?

All footballers are ambitious and want to play at the highest level possible but if he felt he was lied to by the manager of a certain club and isn't happy to sit on the bench then it shows the type of character he is to drop down a division again and prove himself at a different club to a different manager. Reilly seems happy enough sitting about on the bench and playing second fiddle which is is prerogative Keattings wasn't and long term wise I'm extremely confident he will have a better career that Reilly.

He left Premier league Hamilton to join Championship Hearts. He then left Premier league Hearts to join Championship Hibs.

Keatings knows his level.

Yet Hamilton and Hearts wanted to keep him and Killie St Johnstone and Dundee Utd offered him contracts?

Aye we really wanted him to stay. :)

You don't surely think Reilly is as good as Keattings do you? Massive mistake letting him go - especially when Sow leaves in the summer.

Yep, we're really struggling without Keatings.

However, I'd like to thank Hibs for not signing Osman Sow[emoji7]

Hearts said he was welcome to stay, but wouldn't be getting a game other than in cases of injury and suspension. Given that would place him behind Gavin "****ing" Reilly, it's fairly damning.

And there's not a single person that genuinely believes Reilly is the better player.

Unlucks.

I hope the Honours section of Hibernian's Wikipedia page is updated to reflect the achievement that one of their shan, bit-part players is marginally better than one of our shan, bit-part players.

Fraser making a Noel Hunt of himself as usual. He can't stay away. :lol:

^^^scrambling for relevance^^^

P.S. Should probably check that you've not made more posts in the Hibs thread than I have in here before pulling the "can't stay away" card. Oops.

Well yeah, there is - Robbie Neilson and Craig Levein.

They must be feeling like right chumps now. What a terrible bit of business for you guys that was.

Edited by Fraser Fyvie

P.S. Should probably check that you've not made more posts in the Hibs thread than I have in here before pulling the "can't stay away" card. Oops.

They must be feeling like right chumps now. What a terrible bit of business for you guys that was.

Aye, chumps :lol:

It happens.

More often at Hibs though....

Maybe, but like I said they didn't chase him - merely told him if everyone was fit he'd be fifth choice striker. Whether he or Reilly is best suited to that role is, I'd guess, probably not their biggest pressing concern.