Heart of Midlothian 2014-

Am I the only person who actually prefers Easter Road ?

The Bin Shelter is a dump, built on the cheap.

Easter Road probably is better, however it's too big for them, even for Edinburgh derbies, and therefore it doesn't project a great image of the club the same way Tynecastle does for Hearts.

Had they been filling it every week then people would have a different view of it, but when most people think of ER they think of it being half empty. There's been very few semis or Scotland internationals played there that have been full to capacity either.

Aberdeen should take note for their new stadium.

I think "Pink Bus Shelter" is currently the preferred insult but you'll have to check with our verdant dockside neighbours.

Ultimately just about every post Taylor report development in Scotland has been built to a pretty tight budget, with the notable exception of the Club Deck at Ibrox.

Interesting... up until now I've only known Hibs fans and bitter bullshitters to prefer Easter Road.

Are you ochlophobic?

Me too.

But as you know it's costing us money through lack of facilities, high maintenance costs and limiting our capacity so now is the time to replace it.

I will be sad to see it go though. :bairn

Totally - it has to happen, and I'm delighted at today's news.

Hopefully, more good news to come in terms of contract extensions anaw.

With you on this. If we don't have a game I'll head to Easter Road as a neutral. Great stadium to watch football. Nothing wrong with Tyncastle but simply not as good.

Tynecastle is regularly voted best stadium/best atmosphere by non-Hearts fans, so you're probably in a minority m9.

Easter Road used to be a very atmospheric ground in the 80's and 90's, and I loved the old Dunbar end when we packed it out.

Wayne Foster in the big cup :wub: , Colquhouns 'lob :wub: ', the 'Mercer' derby :wub:.

......I could go on. Total joy.

Edited by LincolnHearts

Good to see our neighbours getting their stadium up to scratch.

Hearts fans who say they loved the old stand and wouldn't want a new one anyway will new be all joyous. Hibernian fans who said Hearts could never get their old shit stand replaced will be spewing.

As for the stadium debate - Tynie on the way it was designed makes it a great venue to watch football albeit it was on the cheap and will have 3 other stands with very little facilities. Easter Road is a good modern day stadium and has everything needed and required to host big domestic games and international football. It's fantastic when full also although it's not been the case much recently.

I really don't know why Hearts fans need to defend the stadium as a badge of honour whenever anyone says they prefer Easter Road, which is a better stadium, to watch football based on the views, the facilities and the actual arena itself - especially as most the support who developed the stadium - the pieman.

Edited by bambino7

You've certainly got more chance of getting a decent seat.

There's no many decent viewpoints in Tynie that's easy to get to, easy to get to a basic standard of toilet and catering and to get out of the stadium that's for sure.

Good to see our neighbours getting their stadium up to scratch.

Hearts fans who say they loved the old stand and wouldn't want a new one anyway will new be all joyous. Hibernian fans who said Hearts could never get their old shit stand replaced will be spewing.

As for the stadium debate - Tynie on the way it was designed makes it a great venue to watch football albeit it was on the cheap and will have 3 other stands with very little facilities. Easter Road is a good modern day stadium and has everything needed and required to host big domestic games and international football. It's fantastic when full also although it's not been the case much recently.

I really don't know why Hearts fans need to defend the stadium as a badge of honour whenever anyone says they prefer Easter Road, which is a better stadium, to watch football based on the views, the facilities and the actual arena itself - especially as most the support who developed the stadium - the pieman.

What's the diffrence betweem the Wheatfield, Roseburn and Gorgie compared to the East, North and South stands at easter road?