Heart of Midlothian 2014-

There's no many decent viewpoints in Tynie that's easy to get to, easy to get to a basic standard of toilet and catering and to get out of the stadium that's for sure.

Hibs fans are normally offski long before full-time.

Notable exception was in 2003 when they sang 'Happy New Year' to us when Hibs were winning 4-2 in injury time.

That ended well :P

Good to see our neighbours getting their stadium up to scratch.

Hearts fans who say they loved the old stand and wouldn't want a new one anyway will new be all joyous. Hibernian fans who said Hearts could never get their old shit stand replaced will be spewing.

As for the stadium debate - Tynie on the way it was designed makes it a great venue to watch football albeit it was on the cheap and will have 3 other stands with very little facilities. Easter Road is a good modern day stadium and has everything needed and required to host big domestic games and international football. It's fantastic when full also although it's not been the case much recently.

I really don't know why Hearts fans need to defend the stadium as a badge of honour whenever anyone says they prefer Easter Road, which is a better stadium, to watch football based on the views, the facilities and the actual arena itself - especially as most the support who developed the stadium - the pieman.

The views and facilities are no better at Easter Road than they are at Tynecastle. I've no idea why you think they are.

What's the difference between the Wheatfield, Roseburn and Gorgie compared to the East, North and South stands at easter road?

The main structural difference is that at Easter Road, with the exception of the east stand, they've chosen to physically divide the stands into a top and bottom "tier"*. This means that the rake of the lower seats isn't as steep as at Tynecastle which is good news for people who don't like stairs but means that the view from rows nearer the front isn't as elevated. It does however lend itself well to corporate hospitality

If you're a big club who need a stadium to take over 30,000 then you really need a tiered design so that the top seats aren't too far from the pitch. If you're a little club who don't need 10,000 then that's a stupid idea.

Hearts, Hibs, and Aberdeen for that matter, are in that middling area in between,

Tynecastle is currently a really big small stadium while Easter Road is a really small big stadium

* Not actually as there isn't any overhang but you get the idea

What's the diffrence betweem the Wheatfield, Roseburn and Gorgie compared to the East, North and South stands at easter road?

Corparate facilities, function rooms, offices and the complete structure of the north and South is far greater. The East is in similar comparison to the 3 decent stands at Tynie. Having sat in all 3 stands (East Roseburn Wheatfield). It's having they stands that make it atmospheric, will never deny that.

Hibs fans are normally offski long before full-time.

Notable exception was in 2003 when they sang 'Happy New Year' to us when Hibs were winning 4-2 in injury time.

That ended well :P

Please try and stay topic.

Agree with TC with his detailed description.

The views and facilities are no better at Easter Road than they are at Tynecastle. I've no idea why you think they are.

I'm sorry but that's just lies. Even they changing facilities in Tynie are shocking.

There's sticking up for your club but your just making that up.

Corparate facilities, function rooms, offices and the complete structure of the north and South is far greater. The East is in similar comparison to the 3 decent stands at Tynie. Having sat in all 3 stands (East Roseburn Wheatfield). It's having they stands that make it atmospheric, will never deny that.

Does the south and north stand have corporate facilitys, function rooms and offices? (Genuine question cause i dont know, i know the west stand does) There is a big function hall underneath the gorgie if u were unaware and in Ann budges interview yesterday she said we are looking at exploiting the room underneath both the Wheatfield and Roseburn stands,

I'm sorry but that's just lies. Even they changing facilities in Tynie are shocking.

There's sticking up for your club but your just making that up.

I meant for the average punter, obviously there's a problem with the main at Tynecastle which needs replaced.

You're talking about things like catering and toilets being poor when they're no better at ER.

I'd like to think that myself and my football club is in part responsible for the resurgence of Hearts. We did after all make donations to the save the Hearts funds. It's alright Jambos no thanks needed.

Thanks offered anyway

And may we take this opportunity to wish you all the best for your next trip to Tynecastle.

Does the south and north stand have corporate facilitys, function rooms and offices? (Genuine question cause i dont know, i know the west stand does) There is a big function hall underneath the gorgie if u were unaware and in Ann budges interview yesterday she said we are looking at exploiting the room underneath both the Wheatfield and Roseburn stands,

Yeah they do. Used all the time aswel. If you think about it that was built before the west so was the only options to use as corporate areas.

Great idea if it comes to fruition with Tynie.

I meant for the average punter, obviously there's a problem with the main at Tynecastle which needs replaced.

You're talking about things like catering and toilets being poor when they're no better at ER.

The toilets are shocking at Tynie mate in fact are the pipes not needing fixed or something. Average punter the gap is closer in terms of facilities but footballing wise, corporate and media wise Easter Road is a lot lot better at the moment and so it should be I suppose with the amount invested in the stadia after selling our best players and finding us down below at the mo'.

The toilets are shocking at Tynie mate in fact are the pipes not needing fixed or something. Average punter the gap is closer in terms of facilities but footballing wise, corporate and media wise Easter Road is a lot lot better at the moment and so it should be I suppose with the amount invested in the stadia after selling our best players and finding us down below at the mo'.

I've not surveyed them all but I can tell you that the ones below Section A are perfectly fine.

It took Hibs 20 years from the Taylor report being issued to get to where they are. It's probably going to take 27 to finish the project at Tynecastle.

We were ahead for the first 20. Hibs will have been ahead for the last 7 but we'll all get there eventually

And it you're to young to remember the Taylor Report then you're also too young to remember what the toilets were like back in the days of terracing.

If you can find modern football ground toilets shocking then that would be the stuff of nightmares

But if Easter Road is so much better than Tynecastle, why do less people go m½?

There's not as good a team on the park?

Our club isn't going through a feel good factor having the support saved them from going down the shitter?

Due to Hearts going millions in debt and admin because they spunked money they didn't have winning a couple of cups and having a good team on the park?

The last 20 years must have been fantastic for the hearts support, bar a couple of years of scrimping and begging etc so it reflects with the size of the supports and attendances these days.

As far as I'm aware they're all fixed. I've never seen hot water in the ER ones tbh.

Absolutely Hibs have better corporate and media facilities and better changing rooms.