Heart of Midlothian 2014-

We are better than 9 of the teams in the league and worse than 2. That does me quite fine, though I expect us to improve this year and get 2nd.

I'd rather we were only worse than one team and better than ten last season. We could've and should've finished second. We had proved we could take Aberdeen and chuck them around (literally). Neilson said the aim was second. He failed. As it stands right now, I have precious little faith that we will improve on third next season; we'll be doing well to retain third. 

Third was good last season. But it was still disappointing, as second was attainable. Bizarre that this position -- this ambition, even -- is being denigrated. Just because we narrowly escaped liquidation doesn't mean we can't demand that our manager fulfils the potential of our squad. 

It was our first season back in the premier league, we finished 3rd and qualified for europe. Every Hearts fan would have accepted this outcome a year ago despite some of the weapons on here suggesting otherwise.

We lost one of our best players in january, our main focal point upfront and didn't adequately replace him.

We need a bit of perspective here.

Yes the football in the second half of the season wasn't great, it was brutal at times but we are not the finished article, the management team want to strengthen, we've young players who will hopefully improve and with the whole ethos of the club changing for the better, i'm very optimistic for the future.

Look and laugh at the fucking hobo's, the 'best' footballing team in the country are still flapping about trying to get out the the seaside retirement division at their 3rd attempt, truly pitiful, all that swagger clearly isn't working for them.

That's fair enough. The Hearts support prefer an industrial style of football to be fair. If you did try to play a passing game the support would be screaming at the players to "get the ball up the park". You just can't get away with that style of football at Hibs as the support just won't except it.

0/10.

I'd rather we were only worse than one team and better than ten last season. We could've and should've finished second. We had proved we could take Aberdeen and chuck them around (literally). Neilson said the aim was second. He failed. As it stands right now, I have precious little faith that we will improve on third next season; we'll be doing well to retain third. 

Interesting.

We had second wrapped up before the split ffs!

Edited by shootingboots

Third was good last season. But it was still disappointing, as second was attainable. Bizarre that this position -- this ambition, even -- is being denigrated. Just because we narrowly escaped liquidation doesn't mean we can't demand that our manager fulfils the potential of our squad.

Yeah that extra prize for finishing 2nd rather than 3rd would've been amazing.

3rd place would do just fine again this year. Group stage of the Europa is my hope and top 3. Anything else would be a bonus.

He's maybe referring to silly points blown in games we should have won - there were a few of those, tbf.

I think Aberdeen had a few as well

Aberdeen and Hearts were clearly better than the next nine teams but not so much better that they could afford to have a bad day or be unlucky.

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

That's the same for us.

I think Aberdeen had a few as well

Aberdeen and Hearts were clearly better than the next nine teams but not so much better that they could afford to have a bad day or be unlucky.

Clearly - I don't think we were as good as Aberdeen were last season, even if the points gap ended up not being massive.

I just think the frustration comes from dropping silly points - as Robbie says, though, 'it happens'.

Look and laugh at the fucking hobo's, the 'best' footballing team in the country are still flapping about trying to get out the the seaside retirement division at their 3rd attempt, truly pitiful, all that swagger clearly isn't working for them.

post-48628-14677111275341_thumb.jpg

Yes that "swagger" clearly isn't working.

"Just happy to have a club to support m8". 

Wonder how long that already long trite excuse lasts.

Clearly - I don't think we were as good as Aberdeen were last season, even if the points gap ended up not being massive.

I just think the frustration comes from dropping silly points - as Robbie says, though, 'it happens'.

We, like Aberdeen, have a lot more opportunities to drop points we should be winning than to win points we should be dropping

It's hardly surprising that the former happens more often

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)