Hibs - Transfers - 2014/2015

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very good signing for Hibs if it comes off. Always shows up on the big occasion and is an excellent shotstopper.

On the other hand, he's prone to a parry or two but calmed it down a bit last season.

Of course, the minute he pulls that Hibernian shirt over his head, especially against Hearts, he'll be back to being a total calamity of a keeper especially against front threes. That's just what happens when players join Hibernian.

Jamie clearly has no ambition whatsoever. Has the best two seasons of his career and moves from Hearts to Hibs. If he's happy in Edinburgh then fair enough but strikes me as a disaster of a career move at his age.

Very good signing for Hibs if it comes off. Always shows up on the big occasion and is an excellent shotstopper.

On the other hand, he's prone to a parry or two but calmed it down a bit last season.

Of course, the minute he pulls that Hibernian shirt over his head, especially against Hearts, he'll be back to being a total calamity of a keeper especially against front threes. That's just what happens when players join Hibernian.

Jamie clearly has no ambition whatsoever. Has the best two seasons of his career and moves from Hearts to Hibs. If he's happy in Edinburgh then fair enough but strikes me as a disaster of a career move at his age.

Hardly a disaster of a move, we'll both be in the same league, not exactly a massive step down. Would be interested to hear what we offered him before he was let go, can see why he'd take more money to play for a team in the same league, shame that's Hibs right enough.

Great signing if it happens.

Hardly a disaster of a move, we'll both be in the same league, not exactly a massive step down. Would be interested to hear what we offered him before he was let go, can see why he'd take more money to play for a team in the same league, shame that's Hibs right enough.

Great signing if it happens.

Virtually assures he'll never leave Scotland. Disasterous move. Especially when Hibs are the likeliest of the "big 3" to stay down as it stands.

Virtually assures he'll never leave Scotland. Disasterous move. Especially when Hibs are the likeliest of the "big 3" to stay down as it stands.

I take it if he'd signed on at Hearts you'd be calling it a disasterous career move, staying in The Championship at his age after his two best ever seasons?

It's hardly essential he seeks a move away from Scotland, at the moment Hibs are the least likely to be promoted but a few more signings like that and they're right back in the mix.

High balls into the box will be the order of the day in the derby matches now then :D

Will Hibs fans cope with the fact that Jamie was in goal for the BIGGEST derby match of all time? I doubt they'll be very forgiving once he throws a couple in when playing against us :lol:

High balls into the box will be the order of the day in the derby matches now then :D

Will Hibs fans cope with the fact that Jamie was in goal for the BIGGEST derby match of all time? I doubt they'll be very forgiving once he throws a couple in when playing against us :lol:

1908016_821835687846642_8908718608822082

Of Course

19724p.gif

ha ha :lol:

Jamie's done (aherm) a lot to wind up HIbs fans in the past, like plenty 5-1's, that pic when he wore a Killie scarf after Boyd scored to put you in the play off place, wiping his arse with a Hibs scarf etc, I really can't see Hibs fans being very endearing to him, I wish him all the best though as he's a cracking lad.....actually, I hope he has a shit time at Hibs :D

I've got one of his signed tops framed as well ffs, but I'll not be taking it down as he was part of THAT team on THAT day in May 2012 and will forever be in Jambo folklore :)

Jamie's done (aherm) a lot to wind up HIbs fans in the past, like plenty 5-1's, that pic when he wore a Killie scarf after Boyd scored to put you in the play off place, wiping his arse with a Hibs scarf etc, I really can't see Hibs fans being very endearing to him, I wish him all the best though as he's a cracking lad.....actually, I hope he has a shit time at Hibs :D

I've got one of his signed tops framed as well ffs, but I'll not be taking it down as he was part of THAT team on THAT day in May 2012 and will forever be in Jambo folklore :)

His facial expression in that pic would make an excellent you seem upset gif :lol:

You forgot this :lol:

283344-jamie-macdonald-hearts-march-2014

Think your first mistake is thinking anyone gives the slightest bit of f**k about things like that.

If he plays well, he'll be a popular figure.

I take it if he'd signed on at Hearts you'd be calling it a disasterous career move, staying in The Championship at his age after his two best ever seasons?

He wouldn't be signing for Hearts because we released him and of course I wouldn't care less about his future career if he was at my club as it is afterall my club. :D

However, only 5 months ago Oldham were actually trying to buy him.

Ken, he wasn't even good likesey?

You have a point with your last part there. I think about that game every second of every day, it's the first thing I think about in the morning and the last thing at night, so seeing him in a Hibs jersey will probably bring on post-traumatic stress every time I go to Easter Road and he's playing now.

Or not.

He wouldn't be signing for Hearts because we released him and of course I wouldn't care less about his future career if he was at my club as it is afterall my club. :D

However, only 5 months ago Oldham were actually trying to buy him.

Indeed. Let's be honest, nobody half decent with any brain would be signing for either of our clubs right now, "great feeling at Tynecastle" or not. We'll both take whoever's daft enough to come along now.

Genuinely must be being a dafty here, but what's your Oldham point. Are you saying that by signing for Hibs he's missing a golden opportunity to sign for some shity club like Oldham?

McDonald has had his critics among our support, but I've always defended him - the number of mistakes he's made that have actually led to goals don't add up to a great deal - I'm not about to start slating him now because he's signing for your mob.

Cracking goalie, a great lad, and I wish we'd kept him. There, I said it.

Please don't make me stop loving you, Jamma! :wub:

Archived