Hibs - Transfers - 2014/2015

I guess time will tell :D

To be fair, he's a very good shot stopper and I was puzzled as to why we let him go, but we appear to have learned out lesson re wages and were not prepared to pay him what he wanted, high balls on top if him is the order of the day though, you'll soon find though out however.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jamie McDonald has a hard choice.

Does he take the easy option and sign for Falkirk on less money or take the hard option and sign for Hibs on more money.

It has to be option 2 surely take more money and play for Hibs.

I guess time will tell :D

To be fair, he's a very good shot stopper and I was puzzled as to why we let him go, but we appear to have learned out lesson re wages and were not prepared to pay him what he wanted, high balls on top if him is the order of the day though, you'll soon find though out however.

I think that recognising your own weaknesses can a good thing - McDonald isn't brilliant with crosses, so you get your centre backs to deal with them, and get your keeper to stay on his line - Aberdeen's Willie Miller, who knew a thing or two about defending always said that he preferred his keepers to stay the f**k on their line.

Jamie McDonald has a hard choice. Does he take the easy option and sign for Falkirk on less money or take the hard option and sign for Hibs on more money. It has to be option 2 surely take more money and play for Hibs.

In my opinion, his performances last season earned him the right to go and get the best deal he can get - I have to say I'm surprised that he hasn't had more offers, but there you go - good luck to him.

I actually thought Williams was better than McDonald to be honest, however Alexander is better than both of them so I'm happy with that :)

I don't want to sound too harsh as maybe that's your actual opinion, but it's hilarious how every player we let go that wasn't totally shite is labelled as good by jambos all of a sudden (thus implying Hibs have made a big mistake), even though you all say they're pish when they actually play for Hibs. Likewise every player Hearts don't keep hold of wasn't that great anyway after they leave despite apparently being the dugs baws when they're there. It's almost as if that isn't your real opinions at all and you just make it up as you go along to suit yourselves.

There was a player who left Hibs at some point in the last year or two who was apparently a decent player according to Hearts fans, which was hilarious as he was shite at the time and jambos said so themselves. I can't mind who it was but I'll edit this post when it comes to me.

I've just remembered, it was Isaiah Osbourne. "Dunno why you let Isaiah Osbourne go, one of your only good players". :lol::lol::lol:

I don't want to sound too harsh as maybe that's your actual opinion, but it's hilarious how every player we let go that wasn't totally shite is labelled as good by jambos all of a sudden (thus implying Hibs have made a big mistake), even though you all say they're pish when they actually play for Hibs. Likewise every player Hearts don't keep hold of wasn't that great anyway after they leave despite apparently being the dugs baws when they're there. It's almost as if that isn't your real opinions at all and you just make it up as you go along to suit yourselves.

There was a player who left Hibs at some point in the last year or two who was apparently a decent player according to Hearts fans, which was hilarious as he was shite at the time and jambos said so themselves. I can't mind who it was but I'll edit this post when it comes to me.

It's the Hearts way, McDonald will be shite if he signs for us. Even though he was there best player last season. They'd have kept him if they could afford him.

It's the Hearts way, McDonald will be shite if he signs for us. Even though he was there best player last season. They'd have kept him if they could afford him.

What's your point. Liam Craig was class for St. Johnstone. Shite for Hibs. Robertson, good at united, shite at hibs. John Rankin Good at ICT Shite at Hibs Good at United. Mikey Stewart decent at Hearts, Shite at Hibs, decent at Hearts.

It isn't a Hearts thing. Players genuinely turn to utter horseshit at Hibernian. Not all but quite a lot.

Also, there have been a large minority of bellends in the Hearts support who genuinely thought he was average/shite throughout his career so hardly mass changing of tunes. Everyone in that JKB thread about him have the same opinions as they did when he was with us.

He's a very good keeper and will continue to be so at Hibs. Whether he plays like one at Hibs remains to be seen.

If Hibs and Hearts were involved in a player swap with Thomas Muller switching to Hibs and Rowan Vine going the other way, Vine would be a player they've all secretly admired who they suspect could be more effective in a better team and Muller would be a jack of all trades diddy who wasn't as good as Dale Carrick anyway.

What's your point. Liam Craig was class for St. Johnstone. Shite for Hibs. Robertson, good at united, shite at hibs. John Rankin Good at ICT Shite at Hibs Good at United. Mikey Stewart decent at Hearts, Shite at Hibs, decent at Hearts.

It isn't a Hearts thing. Players genuinely turn to utter horseshit at Hibernian. Not all but quite a lot.

Also, there have been a large minority of bellends in the Hearts support who genuinely thought he was average/shite throughout his career so hardly mass changing of tunes. Everyone in that JKB thread about him have the same opinions as they did when he was with us.

He's a very good keeper and will continue to be so at Hibs. Whether he plays like one at Hibs remains to be seen.

Nice theory, doesn't quite stand up when players who are complete horseshit for Hibernian were good players for us in your eyes, for no other reason than because they've left us.

Hearts fans are horrendous goalpost shifters, I know it and you probably do too.

Craig had some poor form. Robertson was decent though; we are keeping him.

As for the others. I would not take back Rankin, and Stewart was pish.

Nice theory, doesn't quite stand up when players who are complete horseshit for Hibernian were good players for us in your eyes, for no other reason than because they've left us.

Hearts fans are horrendous goalpost shifters, I know it and you probably do too.

That's usually how it works with football fans. Hibernian fans seem to think they're of another mould where they see everything in football objectively when the reality is they've consistently been one of the most deluded supports in Scottish football with a sense of entitlement that hasn't been lived up to since about the seventies outwith a brief spell. The club that talks about top six as if they are a top six Prem club when in reality their average placing is bottom 6 with ventures into the top six being the peak of Hibs teams and very rarely they'll reach 3rd. Even through all of that Hibs fans seem to think they're rightfully challengers for European places.

Football fans are fickle and have ideas above their clubs station. Hibs aren't any different from all other football fans.

Craig had some poor form. Robertson was decent though; we are keeping him.

As for the others. I would not take back Rankin, and Stewart was pish.

Craig was average for Fenlon at LM before butcher moved him into the middle, not really his fault. Robertson was our best midfielder before he was injured but I'm sure Hearts Daft knows better than me on things about Hibs.

Rankin was shite for us, can't disagree with that.

Stewart actually had some very good games for Hibs.

they've consistently been one of the most deluded supports in Scottish football...

...Hibs aren't any different from all other football fans.

All fans are deluded with ideas not befitting their clubs stature. Christ, we saw ourselves as the only challenge to Celtic and Rangers. Reality was we split them in 05/06 and got close in 97/98. Nothing outwith that in the modern era.

Hibs fans though are amongst the most severely deluded purely because of their support size they feel they're entitled to be up and around the top 3.

All fans are deluded with ideas not befitting their clubs stature. Christ, we saw ourselves as the only challenge to Celtic and Rangers. Reality was we split them in 05/06 and got close in 97/98. Nothing outwith that in the modern era.

Hibs fans though are amongst the most severely deluded purely because of their support size they feel they're entitled to be up and around the top 3.

As a club I think we should always be aiming to be in the top 6. There is absolutely nothing wrong with me thinking or saying that. That does not mean I think we're entitled to be in the top 6.

Now away and have a lie doon.

Archived