Hibs - Transfers - 2014/2015

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sol Bamba would walk into any team in Scotland outside of Celtic just now. When he was Ozturk's age he was playing in Division 1 for Dunfermline. It's early days yet but he's looked like a hard but composed defender so far and Neilson seemed to think it was a bit of a coup.

Nadir Ciftci was punted by Kayserispor and played a handful of games for a team who Edwin de Graaf was apparently a star for. He was one of the most exciting players in the league last year.

It's probably best to see how they do on the pitch before dismissing them.

Quite. I was being flippant about Ozturk, point is you could pour scorn on the pedigree of just about any player going to a SD1 player on a free transfer. Every single one of the players people have bickered about on here could be superb or total jobbies.

Going about saying everyone your rivals sign is shite, is the sure sign of an idiot. As is giddily bigging up these guys, with at most a few pre-seasn games as evidence. Your last line is the key one, let's just wait and see.

Using the word champ is the epitome of being found out.

"Found out"

I think I've argued about a Hibs signing Vs a Hearts one once and it was the thread on O'Connor Vs Sutton.

Keep trying to land a blow though, champ

The scene when those still peddling this patter actually meet up.

You heard the Hardwell remix mate?

Btw that laddie in the purple shirt is an instant candidate for the people you hate for no reason thread. Some size of head he has there.

Hopefully we can get a goalie in today or Saturday ahead of Sundays game. Still think we need at least a centre back, a striker and a winger to seriously push for 1st. Happy about the way we are going about trying to play the game under stubbsy and a tiny wee bit more optimistic ahead of one of our biggest seasons ever.

Scott Allan has massive potential. He's been outstanding whenever I've seen him in the under 21s and was quality with Portsmouth in the championship. On paper he's a great signing. It might not work out but I'm delighted he's signed.

Ability has never been his problem., it's attitude. This has been the noise coming out of every club he's played for, usually one loan after another. He's been involved in street fights and ran over a guy in Portsmouth while driving his swish Audi, putting him in a coma.

Three trajectories can happen.

1. He takes off the big boots, buckles down to some serious work, rips up the Championship next season and is playing at a higher level thereafter.
  2. He does the minimum required to get by, cruises through his career at various 2nd tier clubs, and resurfaces in the media spotlight at 34 as the 'experienced midfielder wha abody forgot' in some Scottish Cup semi final that his team get pumped in, which is the highlight of career.
  3. He embraces his Riordan/O'Connor side and is driving long distance lorries by 2018.

Archived