Irvine Victoria 2014/2015

irvinevalley

Good balanced report - though IMO Vics third goal came from an excellent pass rather than just a high hopeful long ball.

Thanks, I always try to be balanced but calling it as I see it. The third goal was an excellent pass, but it was a long ball over the top which Vics had done all afternoon. It wasn't "hopeful", it was intended, but it was a long ball.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enjoyed the match report Peter, pretty fair IMHO, good banter with the Glens fans today, nice bunch of boys, made me feel like a youngster though, and am 56.

Best of luck to you guys for the rest of the season, looking forward to a wee away trip to your place later in the season

Enjoyed the match report Peter, pretty fair IMHO, good banter with the Glens fans today, nice bunch of boys, made me feel like a youngster though, and am 56.

Best of luck to you guys for the rest of the season, looking forward to a wee away trip to your place later in the season

Yesterday was my first ever visit to Victoria Park, nice wee set up, and we were made to feel very welcome. It's just a pity my day was spoiled by the dreadful weather and the result.

Missed the game y'day, thanks for posting video Glens.

Delighted for the lads, 3rd goal was a good move involving 3 guys we have been wanting to see playing together for a while. Always good to see the strikers score goals as it gives them confidence. Big game next week at Neilston, looking forward to it already. Well done to management team for giving lads that had not played much, a start on Sat, after a good 2nd half performance v KRR last week, surely they must get a decent run now.

Just seen on the clubs website that Gary Russell has joined Whitletts, gutted not to have him anymore in my opinion he would be the first choice in midfield.

Also seen though that we signed a centre half called Steven Gregory from Buffs, any info on him? Not heard anything about him before at all.

Also seen though that we signed a centre half called Steven Gregory from Buffs, any info on him? Not heard anything about him before at all.

Played with Ardeer at the start of last season and was doing quite well to start, but was out of the team for a bit before joining the Buffs. Think he only played a few games for them before work commitments took priority. Was at Bonnyton u19s or 21s prior to signing with us.

Played with Ardeer at the start of last season and was doing quite well to start, but was out of the team for a bit before joining the Buffs. Think he only played a few games for them before work commitments took priority. Was at Bonnyton u19s or 21s prior to signing with us.

Cheers for the information, lost a defender already and Cairan McDermott is on the transfer list as well so maybe for cover, not sure though. Need to wait until I see him.

Russell going is a strange one for me - he was outstanding last season. Anyone the inside info on that one?

As for Neilston, they looked a decent side in the Evening Times game at the end of last season but then we were out on our feet after a ridiculous run of games.

They had some good tricky forwards and a pretty solid defence. Will be tough but i think we can sneak a win.

What an important win that was today. Had to grind it out but at the end of the day the 3 points is all that matters.

As soon as Neilston got their 1st sent off n scored their goal 5/10 minutes later they just sat in and tried to protect it. Should have got 1 or 2 before the break but came out second half n scored early on then added to it near the end.

However the wins come, I don't care as long as they come!

Neilston lost their discipline all too easily. Sonme dirty, underhand tactics in the first half, with their players leaving the foot in on more than one occasion.

That said, i felt we really stuggled to pose much of an attacking threat. We were too slow in building attacks at times and resorted to the hopeful long ball too often.

Still, a very important three points ground out thanks to goals from our full backs.

We've played better and lost if truth be told

Would have been a terrible result if Vic's had not won today, Neilston down to 9 men with plenty time left and eventually the winner came

Been short of goals this season outwith the strikers so it was great to see both full backs hit the net

Maybole next week, looking forward to it, hard fought three points today, well done guys

Agree with Westender79 'played better & lost' great win all the same, well done to the squad for hanging in there & grinding out a result.

Results in other games means there is more teams involved in the dog fight at the bottom.

On to next week at Maybole, looking forward to it !

Archived