Haddington Manager

whispers

I would say it's Haddington being sneaky then in that case. If the player had a change of heart before he was registered Haddington should ov just ripped up the registration form surely.

So the same will go for the Edinburgh players who want to go to Haddington then eh, Edinburgh should rip there contracts up cause they have had a change of heart.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the same will go for the Edinburgh players who want to go to Haddington then eh, Edinburgh should rip there contracts up cause they have had a change of heart.

Surely the player must take some of the blame ?

If I'd signed for a club, say, on June the 17th, knowing that my current contract didn't expire until...hmmm...June the 30th and then another club had come in and laid down trinkets, bells, whistles and promises and another contract to sign I do believe I'd have contacted the first club and said "Hey, tear up that unregistered contract, I'm signing for someone else!" before it grew from a molehill into a mountain on a web forum.

There again, I come from a time where tartan-trimmed trousers were all the rage and Scotland were still competing in the World Cup.

As someone correctly put it above the player must take most of the blame here for me. However, I was speaking to someone last night who said they were told that the player changed his mind and wanted to sign for Edinburgh instead after he signed for Haddington then the Edinburgh secretary called him and said meet up to sign the forms and I will try process through before Haddington do. If that is the case that's really poor on Edinburghs part in my view. Knowing what Mr Morgan done at Tranent for years it doesn't surprise me he would stoop so low

Not knowing the full facts I won't comment on that, but if the situation was as described I'd have to say it was a poor show.

It brings a wry grin when I hear comments like "Haddington are difficult to deal with".

Is "difficult" defined as "always above board"?

As someone correctly put it above the player must take most of the blame here for me. However, I was speaking to someone last night who said they were told that the player changed his mind and wanted to sign for Edinburgh instead after he signed for Haddington then the Edinburgh secretary called him and said meet up to sign the forms and I will try process through before Haddington do. If that is the case that's really poor on Edinburghs part in my view. Knowing what Mr Morgan done at Tranent for years it doesn't surprise me he would stoop so low

think mr Morgan maybe just got a bit sore grapes cause the management went to haddy, probably out so screw them over! Bad patter

think mr Morgan maybe just got a bit sore grapes cause the management went to haddy, probably out so screw them over! Bad patter

Do you think there is anamocity between Harvey and Eliott Morgan Leg end? I thought it was because of Johnny that Elliot got involved at Edinburgh according to posts on here. If that is the case you would think he should be thanking him for giving him another opportunity at a junior football club.

Do you think there is anamocity between Harvey and Eliott Morgan Leg end? I thought it was because of Johnny that Elliot got involved at Edinburgh according to posts on here. If that is the case you would think he should be thanking him for giving him another opportunity at a junior football club.

probably none on Harvey's side, but probably is on Elliot's side. And I don't know why, cause like you said, it was Johnny that got him involved wi Edinburgh so he should be grateful to him!

probably none on Harvey's side, but probably is on Elliot's side. And I don't know why, cause like you said, it was Johnny that got him involved wi Edinburgh so he should be grateful to him!

Hahaha best laugh I've had all week - grateful to Harvey - aye right

Hahaha best laugh I've had all week - grateful to Harvey - aye right

To be honest from an outsiders point of view I would have thought that everyone at Edinburgh would be grateful to Harvey looking at where he has taken them from and to. I agree it was a surprise that he moved on but he isn't the first manager to do so and certainly won't be the last.

Is Elliot still at Edinburgh though I heard due to work commitments he was standing down.

Is Elliot still at Edinburgh though I heard due to work commitments he was standing down.

The talk in Tranent is that he will be leaving once he has tried to make things as difficult as he can for harvey. Took it with a pinch of salt when I was told that but leg end seems to be suggesting he has heard similar. Terrible if true, Edinburgh the new Tranent of old under the stewardship of Morgan?

Wont be posting much this season (if I can help it) but I think things need to settle down between the whole Haddington Edinburgh thing. Players, Management, Committee etc come and go for their own reasons and its no ones place to say if its right or wrong lets be honest. Both clubs are at a stage now where they need to prepare for their respective seasons ahead, and I hope both go on to be very successful. Theres some shite been posted on here thats simply not true and some that is pretty accurate but I guess thats messgaeboard for you.

P.S Pumphy man.....stop stalking me ya Hearts bam, whens you and typhoon making a WWE comeback? ;-)

Wont be posting much this season (if I can help it) but I think things need to settle down between the whole Haddington Edinburgh thing. Players, Management, Committee etc come and go for their own reasons and its no ones place to say if its right or wrong lets be honest. Both clubs are at a stage now where they need to prepare for their respective seasons ahead, and I hope both go on to be very successful. Theres some shite been posted on here thats simply not true and some that is pretty accurate but I guess thats messgaeboard for you.

P.S Pumphy man.....stop stalking me ya Hearts bam, whens you and typhoon making a WWE comeback? ;-)

Good luck for the new season Maxx, have you and Harvey started work on your next club for next season yet!!!

No because the Edinburgh players would have been contracted to the club last season, meaning Edinburgh would have been able to register them for the 2014 / 15 season ages ago....unlike the player in question.

Archived