West Transfer Thread

White Star

Rutherglen Glencairn have tonight confirmed the signing of striker Steven McClung from Shettleston, previously with Cambuslang Rangers, Petershill and East Kilbride Thistle.

Glencairn have also re-signed defender Willie Galloway, who rejoins the squad after missing all of last season through injury. Willie has taken a full part in pre-season training and played all of the pre-season matches.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rutherglen Glencairn have tonight confirmed the signing of striker Steven McClung from Shettleston, previously with Cambuslang Rangers, Petershill and East Kilbride Thistle.

Glencairn have also re-signed defender Willie Galloway, who rejoins the squad after missing all of last season through injury. Willie has taken a full part in pre-season training and played all of the pre-season matches.

did glens have any trialists on saturday,and who.?

Best of luck to Steven...in his short time at the Town he formed a decent partnership with Scott Anson and played a big part in our promotion

Is Kilmartin still with Glencairn? Noticed him missing from the squad in some highlight videos.

Is Kilmartin still with Glencairn? Noticed him missing from the squad in some highlight videos.

Yes, he has played in all but one of our pre season games, but is nursing a wee knock at the moment so missed out on last Saturday's game.

I know people have their own opinions about giving players another chance and it has been discussed on this forum a few times over the last year but I wouldnt want anyone with that type of record near my club, very surprised Irvine Vics have associated themselves with the players if the knew about his past.

Is it definitely the same Paul Reynolds?

Although younger it certainly looks like him so I would say it is.

Not sure what to think about it, cracking player by the looks of it but associating a player with that reputation to the club could be damaging, not sure if they knew though, they might not have.

This is the right Paul Reynolds. He was signed under Joe Millar at Clyde. Don't think he played many first team games though. In my opinion the boy has done his time for his mistake. Maybe trying to get his football back on track. Good on the Vics if they were aware of the situation.

Archived