The Independence Vote, Afterwards.

eindhovendee

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The speed of your replies on this sub forum are admirable. You've overtaken my almost 10 year post total in just over 3 :(

However, unless you give some reasoning for your opinion it's a stab in the dark.

I like to call it "Mission Catch H_B". :)

Reasoning? How about the relative closeness of the current referendum will have put the shiters up Westminster. They, in my opinion, only allowed this one as they were sure No would canter it. They will have no wish to repeat any of this referendum, from the negativity and mud slinging coming from BetterTogether/ No Thanks, to the rise in popularity of the notion of independence.

That, young Lexington, is my REASONING behind believing that this is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

I like to call it "Mission Catch H_B". :)

Reasoning? How about the relative closeness of the current referendum will have put the shiters up Westminster. They, in my opinion, only allowed this one as they were sure No would canter it. They will have no wish to repeat any of this referendum, from the negativity and mud slinging coming from BetterTogether/ No Thanks, to the rise in popularity of the notion of independence.

That, young Lexington, is my REASONING behind believing that this is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

The part in bold proves that you do not have a clue what you are talking about. Blinkered big time when you make the comment in bold without any reference to the exact same traits by the Yes campaign. Completely biased and beyond the point of no return when it comes to reason.

The part in bold proves that you do not have a clue what you are talking about. Blinkered big time when you make the comment in bold without any reference to the exact same traits by the Yes campaign. Completely biased and beyond the point of no return when it comes to reason.

The fact that you're blind to the mud slinging No Thanks are involved in shows how narrow minded and blinkered you are.

No have nothing left but to instill fear and spread lies.

You've not made one salient point in this sub forum, and this one's no different.

Said the pot to the kettle.

The fact that you're blind to the mud slinging No Thanks are involved in shows how narrow minded and blinkered you are.

No have nothing left but to instill fear and spread lies.

You've not made one salient point in this sub forum, and this one's no different.

Both campaigns are crap. You are blind on one side though. It's because this means everything to you I imagine.

I am not a kiddie on politician, nor would I portray myself as such. You do enough of that here to put anyone off. You're obsessed.

In my opinion there would be another referendum in around 20 years (in the event of a No vote, obviously).

The Yes campaigners won't go away, but they'll have to bide their time and accept the result. The idea that a British government would refuse a referendum if the demand was there and enough time to pass is a bit far-fetched. They might not be keen - and they'd certainly want to delay it for a while, but as time passes the demands would become louder, and would be impossible to ignore.

It wouldn't get to the stage of riots, but may take a massive show of support in the form of protests.

Both campaigns are crap. You are blind on one side though. It's because this means everything to you I imagine.

I am not a kiddie on politician, nor would I portray myself as such. You do enough of that here to put anyone off. You're obsessed.

Let's compare and contrast shall we?

We have:

Alistair Darling comparing Yes supporters to fascists.

Ian Davidson threatening to give a female politician a doing

Anas Sarwar calling Holyrood a dictatorship

Johann Lamont. Oh Johann Lamont. Many many black marks against her, most notably calling nationalism a "virus" and saying Scots aren't genetically programmed to make decisions.

Willie Rennie saying that "abuse" is an SNP consipiracy

Gordon Brown coming out with this pish: http://www.thedrum.com/news/2014/06/13/gordon-brown-warns-telly-addicts-face-bleak-future-independent-scotland

Jan Moir's disgusting piece in the Daily Mail

John McTernan saying that negativity works and No should keep using it

The abuse Chris and Colin Weir have received on their personal appearance

And that's just a small sample.

Compared to:

A guy saying Clare Lally is Pat Lally's daughter in law

Some nutter on twitter sending her a message then disappearing.

Hardly compares does it?

ETA: Interesting piece here:

http://bellacaledonia.org.uk/2014/06/12/spin-and-smear/

Would be great if you had a point to make.

Let's compare and contrast shall we?

We have:

Alistair Darling comparing Yes supporters to fascists.

Ian Davidson threatening to give a female politician a doing

Anas Sarwar calling Holyrood a dictatorship

Johann Lamont. Oh Johann Lamont. Many many black marks against her, most notably calling nationalism a "virus" and saying Scots aren't genetically programmed to make decisions.

Willie Rennie saying that "abuse" is an SNP consipiracy

Gordon Brown coming out with this pish: http://www.thedrum.com/news/2014/06/13/gordon-brown-warns-telly-addicts-face-bleak-future-independent-scotland

Jan Moir's disgusting piece in the Daily Mail

John McTernan saying that negativity works and No should keep using it

The abuse Chris and Colin Weir have received on their personal appearance

And that's just a small sample.

Compared to:

A guy saying Clare Lally is Pat Lally's daughter in law

Some nutter on twitter sending her a message then disappearing.

Hardly compares does it?

ETA: Interesting piece here:

http://bellacaledonia.org.uk/2014/06/12/spin-and-smear/

Decent fact listage etc, and your dedication is unrivaled, so fair play. Still, I think you have the blinkers on bud, with all due respect of course.

I happen to think that both campaigns are full of inept people making wrong moves, lying, manipulating facts, making up facts, and equally making this probably the worst quality debate the country has seen and will ever see. That's BOTH campaigns. I happen to fall on the 'no vote' side of things, but at least I can respect that both campaigns are horseshit. You MUST see that?!! If you don't, I worry.

I would never even commit to my no vote stance, because it exists only because no campaign has any hard facts, thus I choose the status quo.

I would always consider myself open to persuation until anything but fairytale is released and convinces me otherwise.

Romanticism has no place (on either side) with such an important question at hand.

It is worth noting though, that the whole cybernat thing has been utterly, utterly dreadful for a lot of people to endure, and it does your YES types no favours whatsoever. I pretty certain that it has a negative affect on the YES campaign.

Decent fact listage etc, and your dedication is unrivaled, so fair play. Still, I think you have the blinkers on bud, with all due respect of course.

I happen to think that both campaigns are full of inept people making wrong moves, lying, manipulating facts, making up facts, and equally making this probably the worst quality debate the country has seen and will ever see. That's BOTH campaigns. I happen to fall on the 'no vote' side of things, but at least I can respect that both campaigns are horseshit. You MUST see that?!! If you don't, I worry.

I would never even commit to my no vote stance, because it exists only because no campaign has any hard facts, thus I choose the status quo.

I would always consider myself open to persuation until anything but fairytale is released and convinces me otherwise.

Romanticism has no place (on either side) with such an important question at hand.

It is worth noting though, that the whole cybernat thing has been utterly, utterly dreadful for a lot of people to endure, and it does your YES types no favours whatsoever. I pretty certain that it has a negative affect on the YES campaign.

So both campaigns are horseshit yet you state that the only one with "facts" are No. Time and time again Unionists "facts" are proved to be bullshit.

Your last paragraph Yes it has a negative effect, but I doubt it has had much of an impact as I am sure most folks know what goes on online. However it is the way the unionist media spin it You would think reading the papers and watching the telly the Unionists are saints.

Mmm.. you come on here and accuse others of bias.

Two big fails in your post

1) you repeat the common idiocy that voting no means no change and status quo..Fail. We simply do not know what will happen in the event of a no vote. Why? Because they won't tell us.

2) you start blabbering about cybernats and pay no attention to the clear evidence provided to you above that internet abuse is clearly a two way street. There are randoms on both sides dishing out crap on social media. If anything the no side are worse. Again see the examples above or google those reported to the fiscal.

You are clearly reading too much Daily Record/Mail/Express. It is their pish you are spouting.

In my opinion there would be another referendum in around 20 years (in the event of a No vote, obviously).

The Yes campaigners won't go away, but they'll have to bide their time and accept the result. The idea that a British government would refuse a referendum if the demand was there and enough time to pass is a bit far-fetched. They might not be keen - and they'd certainly want to delay it for a while, but as time passes the demands would become louder, and would be impossible to ignore.

It wouldn't get to the stage of riots, but may take a massive show of support in the form of protests.

Lex keeps going on about riots and civil unrest on the streets, yet refuses to explain on which streets this will happen.

Can you tell me which streets you think these protests will be on?

Lex keeps going on about riots and civil unrest on the streets, yet refuses to explain on which streets this will happen.

Scottish streets. Is that not obvious? Or have I fallen into some weird trap?

Perhaps Lex is hoping that an evil cybernat will bite, and agree with his viewpoint that violence, riots & unrest will ensue. At that point, he can report this abusive threatening message to the Daily Mail, and point out how threatened he feels by it.

Job done!

Perhaps Lex is hoping that an evil cybernat will bite, and agree with his viewpoint that violence, riots & unrest will ensue. At that point, he can report this abusive threatening message to the Daily Mail, and point out how threatened he feels by it.

Job done!

Bizarre.

I never used the words riots or violence. I said there would be mass protests on the streets, and that I would be part of the protests.

It's a completely moot point though, as it will never happen. Westminster isn't stupid enough to veto a bill passed by the Scottish Parliament.

Archived