Irvine Meadow

Shannon

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha just new to this pie and bovril but it's definitely true what they say about u RobRoyGuy haha. The 3rd person in the dug out yesterday was Iain penman. Don't know much about him apart from he was involved with bellshill two seasons ago. Think he assisted with pre season. Anything else RobRoyGuy that u do t know about just let me know

Of course your just new to this place! You found that out pretty quick btw you should of waited a bit longer and not make it so obvious ha

About me you missed out me

Take it he had a bit of a mare that day^_^

Yup and as soon as the unlucky 13th goal went in against us I knew we were going to get humped that day. ;)

In fairness though the airdrie "fans team" was made up of top amateur players who hadn't been near an airdrie game in their puff :huh:

Irvine Meadow 2-0 Ardeer Thistle. Two late goals from Murch & McCann give Medda the win against a hard working Ardeer side who, themselves, had a couple of decent chances. A good 3points especially with Hurlford & Irvine Vics dropping points but can't help but think, when you see some of the results in other sections, that the Ardagh Cup is beyond it's shelf life.

Irvine Meadow 2-0 Ardeer Thistle. Two late goals from Murch & McCann give Medda the win against a hard working Ardeer side who, themselves, had a couple of decent chances. A good 3points especially with Hurlford & Irvine Vics dropping points but can't help but think, when you see some of the results in other sections, that the Ardagh Cup is beyond it's shelf life.

Agree, especially in its current format.

• 4 weeks later...

Decent start to the season for the Medda, with good victories up at Dunterlie and at home to newly promoted Troon in the first two league games with the new players seeming to have fitted in well. Another tough game awaits next Sat with a trip to face Clydebank.

We have never won away at Clydebank but surely that record has to come to an end soon. Chris Hall stepped up to the mark brilliantly in Maxi absence with bad injury. My only worry is right back with McLennan suspended as would have kept same 11 as Saturday.

We have never won away at Clydebank but surely that record has to come to an end soon. Chris Hall stepped up to the mark brilliantly in Maxi absence with bad injury. My only worry is right back with McLennan suspended as would have kept same 11 as Saturday.

Every chance you will, Bankies seem to have their usual goalscoring problems and going back to last season seem to have lost a few home league games recently

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Now 4 wins out of 4 in the league with no goals conceded. Been brilliant defensively in the league so far which I really didn't expect after a slightly dodgy Ardagh Cup. Staunton and Twaddle have looked very solid with Carlin rarely been tested too often in 4 games.

Bad to lose Sawyers for 3 games as going by photos taken from Irvine Herald guy was nothing in the foul. Will have to be Hall with Deas/McLaughlin for next 3 games unless we can appeal! Still goalscorers in there without Willie Sawyers but a miss certainly for Kilbirnie away!

Archived