Celtic European Campaign 2014-15

TheGreenMonster

At least one team will keep the flag flying for scotland in the europa league. The teuchters have capitulated once again. I wanted them both to win but given the bile spouted on here then I'm not too sorry. The Europa league will be a better shout anyway. Similar level of teams and a good chance of European football after Christmas

Why do you pretend to be a Clyde fan?

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick look at his posting history and it is pretty clear that he is a celtic fan who has a soft spot for his local club, Clyde, much the same way as I have a soft spot for Arbroath, I would never dream of setting my team to Arbroath just to get an easier time on P & B though, that would be embarrassing.

Do you think there's hope for him too Ted?

Should I alert Stoney?

Proof of this larger support? We hold all the record attendances dheclan.

Holding attendance records in part time leagues isn't something to boast about.

Who is "dheclan"?

Lol ... the seaside diddies with a stadium that holds 10,000 less ... keep dreaming and believing your own BS.

Celtic can afford the upkeep/maintenance of their stadium through having paying customers whilst Ayebrokes is now dilapidated eyesore dishing out cheap tickets.

What are you doing on European thread anyway .... ???

You truly are a dumb c**t :lol: reading is clearly not your strong point.

I think these latest little exchanges say it all really.

The responses to my reasoned point amount to an accusation from a Celtic fan that I'm bitter and from a Rangers one that Celtic are really my team.

We then have a cute little descent into them calling each other names, all the time ignoring the point about why progress for Celtic might be seen as calamitous, upon which elaboration had been requested, then provided.

We really don't need to make it up about OF fans, do we?

Quite simply you're stating you'd be happy with an inferior product as long as other teams had a better chance of winning the league.

Yes. Yes I would - why would I deny that?

It's impossible for other Scottish clubs to compete with Celtic over a sustained period like a league season, due to the massive disparity in wealth.

The others can't simply 'get' better enough to do anything about this, in much the same way that you can't simply 'get' taller.

Remember that League games are what we actually all have and rely on and are the means by which we consume the vast bulk of our football. Cups and Europe are nice, welcome diversions, but they're not the name of the game.

I'd much rather watch games between well matched sides, even if they're not as good as other ones that could square up in complete mis-matches. I don't think that's an unusual thing for a football fan.

When we play fives, we try to make the sides even because it's better that way - again I'd be surprised to learn that our approach was unique.

If you think the 'product' is genuinely aided by handing ten times what Dundee United got for Ryan Gauld, to the already massive, wealthy club that won by a street last season, then that's fine.

Weird, but fine.

I think these latest little exchanges say it all really.

The responses to my reasoned point amount to an accusation from a Celtic fan that I'm bitter and from a Rangers one that Celtic are really my team.

We then have a cute little descent into them calling each other names, all the time ignoring the point about why progress for Celtic might be seen as calamitous, upon which elaboration had been requested, then provided.

We really don't need to make it up about OF fans, do we?

:lol:

An absolutely perfect summary of the mentality of these subhuman losers.

Nobody hands us anything ... it's the subtle biased language you use that gives you away.

It's up to other teams to do something ... Hearts and Hibs could merge as could the Dundee sides ... there are always options should teams choose to explore them .. You are still simply bleating it's nae fair ... no matter how you try to dress it up.

Sadly a wee negative outlook.

Edit: As for last season .. the teams that challenged simply could not sustain the pressure in the end. A problem they need to address in order to mount a more serious attempt.

So you bemoan anyone who wants to Celtic go backwards, yet think it's a good idea for clubs' histories and identities to disappear in merger to challenge your lot?

Fucking hell.

:1eye

Archived