Celtic European Campaign 2014-15

TheGreenMonster

Exactly how I remember it, played about 30 minutes, 5 or 6 clearances off the line, cracking player.

That's it. Especially that one chance, the cut back from Billy Stark and he cleared Andy Walkers shot off the line. Cheating B!

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know when uefa will make the final decision on if celtic go through or not?

Disciplinary committee meeting in morning before the draw by all accounts.

Celtic will certainly protest about this, any club with so much at stake would be bonkers not to.

If the ruling goes against Legia and they got the bullet they would obviously appeal, this could get drawn out a fair bit

That's it. Especially that one chance, the cut back from Billy Stark and he cleared Andy Walkers shot off the line. Cheating B!

Great player so he was. We should look into signing him :whistle

Disciplinary committee meeting in morning before the draw by all accounts.

Celtic will certainly protest about this, any club with so much at stake would be bonkers not to.

If the ruling goes against Legia and they got the bullet they would obviously appeal, this could get drawn out a fair bit

That's good, because waiting any later than the morning before the draw would cause problems if Legia Warsaw do get the bullet because of the changes in seeded and unseeded teams in the draw

The UEFA meeting is at 8am our time, so we should have an answer well before the draw hopefully

Are Legia seeded for tomorrows draw? Last thing we need another Sion situation where we get 'their' draw.

Are Legia seeded for tomorrows draw? Last thing we need another Sion situation where we get 'their' draw.

I think the phrase 'beggars cant be choosers' applies here :lol:

In the event Legia get horsed out I dont think we should push it further by demanding a re-draw and posdible easier tie.....

.......actually for the distress and confusion this has caused us we should just demand being dropped straight into the group phase :D

It will be harsh, but the rule is clear cut ... it doesn't allow for 'aye but' .... as Stoney has pointed out. I'm torn between justice and fair play or watching the seethe on here as we go through coz rules is rules ...

UEFA has a dilemma in that Celtic would a claim against them ... Warsaw don't since they broke the rules and it's their own doing.

Obviously a fine is the fair solution but if the rules do not allow discretion and are clear cut ... UEFA will have no option but to apply them.

BBC is citing a case like this from 2010 when Debrecen brought on an illegible sub with 2 minutes to go in a game they won 4-1 on aggregate. In that case, they accepted there was no intent and that with 2 minutes to go the substitution could not in any way have affected the outcome of the game. They fined them £15k and they stayed in the competition. Apologies if this is already posted but from the post I've quoted the suggestion is that it hasn't. I suggest that the treatment of Debrecen sets a precedent and UEFA would have a hard time dealing with an appeal from Legia which brought this very matter back to the table. I'd be surprised if there were a reinstatement. I suppose they could ask them to replay the home leg ...

I thought Celtc were "more than a club", who stand for sporting integrity in the name of all the oppressed and downtrodden around the world.

Surely such a principled club would resist such an immoral and unsporting ruling?

Has the rule been changed (i.e. tightened) since the Debrecen incident?

If it hasn't then I don't see think it's very likely that UEFA's panel would expel Legia or award the tie 3-0 to Celtic (which would mean Celtic went through on away goals). Legia absolutely horsed them 6-1 and he played no meaningful part in the game... They'd no doubt be accused or going against Debrecen's precedent and favouring an 'establishment' country over an Eastern European one.

If, however, the rules are like the Scottish Cup and afford no leeway then - by definition - Legia would be out and Celtic back in.

Whether or not Celtic would even make it through the next round may be a moot point anyway, in which case it might well come to the same thing (Celtic in the EL groups - they surely wouldn't be bad enough to lose a EL playoff).

Has the rule been changed (i.e. tightened) since the Debrecen incident?

If it hasn't then I don't see think it's very likely that UEFA's panel would expel Legia or award the tie 3-0 to Celtic (which would mean Celtic went through on away goals). Legia absolutely horsed them 6-1 and he played no meaningful part in the game... They'd no doubt be accused or going against Debrecen's precedent and favouring an 'establishment' country over an Eastern European one.

If, however, the rules are like the Scottish Cup and afford no leeway then - by definition - Legia would be out and Celtic back in.

Whether or not Celtic would even make it through the next round may be a moot point anyway, in which case it might well come to the same thing (Celtic in the EL groups - they surely wouldn't be bad enough to lose a EL playoff).

Let's not go there

Archived