Celtic European Campaign 2014-15

TheGreenMonster

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope so, I had money on Celtic-1 as I stupidly thought they would win 2-0 or 3-1 and go out in glorious failure.

Just had a live chat with Bet365 who said they will not pay out:

Bets placed on this match will stand as per our rules, "Any subsequent enquiries by official bodies will not be considered for settlement purposes".

Oh my. This is some turn of events. How can Uefa justify kicking out a team for fielding 1 banned player for a handful of minutes when the result of the tie was already a sure thing.

No doubt the Zombies are going of their rocker at the this news.

Just had a live chat with Bet365 who said they will not pay out:

Bets placed on this match will stand as per our rules, "Any subsequent enquiries by official bodies will not be considered for settlement purposes".

Paddy Power and another bookie just tweeted the same info.

So if legia had named the player in their squad v St Pat's he would have been eligible v celtic. Celtic seeded for the draw yet legia wouldn't have been. You couldn't make it up.

Oh my. This is some turn of events. How can Uefa justify kicking out a team for fielding 1 banned player for a handful of minutes when the result of the tie was already a sure thing.

Aye, 'no sporting advantage was gained'. Not Celtic's fault - unless it was them that brought it to UEFA's attention - but quite embarrassing.

That's not the worst part in my opinion. The boy did serve his 3 match suspension - he missed 3 Euro matches. The mistake by the club was that he wasn't registered for the first tie (2 games) because they knew he was suspended - but the suspension is not served because he wasn't registered.

Its an absolutely horrible decision - and those that are calling for the secretary to be sacked are being overly harsh. The guy (or girl) has fallen foul of an administration rule. Yeah they should've known better - but absolutely no advantage was being gained - or tried to be gained.

I know the few arsehole Celtic posters (ie not the reasonable majority) will call me out for bias but it has f**k all to do with that - I'd be saying exactly the same if this was Ayr being put through in the Challenge Cup.

I hope the appeal is successful - and I hope Celtic go on a good run in the Europa League.

Archived