Celtic European Campaign 2014-15

TheGreenMonster

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The failure here is in UEFA's rules. They should allow for discretion, as with the other related offence, and not be prescriptive.

I agree, flexibility should be allowed in these situations.

Didn't the SFA kick a team out the Scottish cup a few years back for a admin error?

The failure here is in UEFA's rules. They should allow for discretion, as with the other related offence, and not be prescriptive.

Exactly.

Even if they did get the correct decision by reinstating the Poles it then has led Celtic to be shafted by putting them through and then taking it away. That would be farcical. Have a look at the decision properly and make the right decision rather than just going by the absolute letter of the law.

I agree, flexibility should be allowed in these situations.

Didn't the SFA kick a team out the Scottish cup a few years back for a admin error?

I think there's been a few instances of this. I remember Spartans did it one year.

Falkirk have done it a couple of times in the past. Eamonn Bannon was sacked for some such balls up.

Exactly.

Even if they did get the correct decision by reinstating the Poles it then has led Celtic to be shafted by putting them through and then taking it away. That would be farcical. Have a look at the decision properly and make the right decision rather than just going by the absolute letter of the law.

Indeed.

There is a clear difference between playing your best centre forward in both ties and him scoring 5 and putting a guy on for 2 minutes in a tie where you have humiuliated the opposition in both legs.

I think there's been a few instances of this. I remember Spartans did it one year.

Aye they did it was Keith McLeod deemed ineligable. Sure it was for something like missing a date on a second signature!

Difficult to pin any blame on UEFA for this ludicrous outcome - whether the rule is good or bad, it's pretty clear-cut.

Shocking stuff from Legia Warsaw though, an elementary error. People surely get paid to ensure that this kind of thing doesn't happen.

As farcical as this is, UEFA are adhering to the letter of the (poorly written) rules to avoid potential litigation in the courts, (If Celtic chose that path) which would ultimately do exactly that as well.

As football fans, we ALL recognise that Legia were the better and deserving side to progress.... but someone at their club fucked up - big time, and this is the consequence precisely because there is so much money at stake these days.

What's Polish for "Pure scunnered man" ?

How shit does Scottish football look now?

At least the actual result would have slipped by largely unnoticed.

A team winning 6-1, then going out for fielding someone for the last two minutes however, will be big news.

All those concerned by how we're perceived abroad will be distraught at this humiliation.

Polish football is a joke. The laughing stock of world football. Thank f**k they've taken the heat off Scotland.

Archived