Celtic European Campaign 2014-15

TheGreenMonster

1800485_562716043828277_7791411086557516

ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. what an absolute riddy (for those wondering, the man in the middle is Bartosz Bereszyński)

If you look up #LetFootballWin up on twitter you see the arseholes involved

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not a complete irrelevance, no. Apparently the UEFA decision on Legia's appeal could be as late as Friday and of course if they lose they'll go to CAS. Celtic's 1st leg is next midweek. Celtic would be at a disadvantage if the suggestion was they shouldn't sign anyone incase Legia win an appeal against the matter when the rule is crystal clear. It's not a fundemental issue, but it's valid, IMO.

On a seperate matter, I'd also be interested to know what would've happened if this had been a QR2 tie not QR3; say had Reykjavik beaten Celtic, but done what Legia have done, but appealled... In that scenario, the first leg of Celtic/Reyjavik's QR3 tie would be tonight or tomorrow.

EDIT: There's also an interesting "side issue" here regarding CL QR4 seeding.

Celtic were seeded and drew Maribor. Legia wouldn't have been seeded.

If Legia are somehow reinstated, and there's no re-draw, they'll actually have benefited from breaking the rules...!!

The suggestion being that celtic signed players to put pressure on uefa....

Classy.

With all the talk about the punishment (forfeiting the leg 3-0 no mater who long the player was on the pitch) being harsh. Has any other club done the same in the past ( I know of the non registered one) or do most clubs knowing the punishment take extra care not to break the rules.

What a clusterfuck of epic proportions this is turning out to be ffs ?

Association rules should exactly what they are !, RULES. Every club participating in European competitions sign documents to say that they understand that if they breach/break any of the rules they are subject to punitive measures regardless of whether it was a mistake or deliberately done.

Legia have breached the rules and regardless of whether it was a genuine mistake they have inadvertently become subject to UEFA ruling by not filing the correct paperwork and in today's modern society bureaucracy somehow is what makes everything tick over.

Something tells me that UEFA will not overturn their judgement as it can open the doors for any club to whinge and complain to try and overturn bad results towards their favour by any means possible, and I mean by any means possible !, "the away fan threw a paper cup towards the keeper seconds before he conceded a goal which cost us the tie" etc etc etc.

I'm almost certain UEFA will uphold their decision as a warning to all other clubs in European competitions to have their paperwork in order before competing to avoid such embarrassment for other clubs in the future.

Anyhoo Celtic do have a European tie to compete in, the question is what competition will it be and for those saying Celtic brought in players just for the Champions League ? FCUK OFF :angry: The Hoops were shocking against Legia and Celtic definitely needed to bring in players to spice things up both domestically and even if it is to compete in the last qualifier into the Europa League.

You'd think the Holy Goalie would be more worried about Fraser Forster coming over there and taking his job.

I'd for one welcome Boric back :) , he certainly knew how to wind up a certain group of fans. :lol:

You'd think the Holy Goalie would be more worried about Fraser Forster coming over there and taking his job.

Think he'll want away, Koeman's said Forster has been signed to be No 1

What a clusterfuck of epic proportions this is turning out to be ffs ?

Association rules should exactly what they are !, RULES. Every club participating in European competitions sign documents to say that they understand that if they breach/break any of the rules they are subject to punitive measures regardless of whether it was a mistake or deliberately done.

Legia have breached the rules and regardless of whether it was a genuine mistake they have inadvertently become subject to UEFA ruling by not filing the correct paperwork and in today's modern society bureaucracy somehow is what makes everything tick over.

Something tells me that UEFA will not overturn their judgement as it can open the doors for any club to whinge and complain to try and overturn bad results towards their favour by any means possible, and I mean by any means possible !, "the away fan threw a paper cup towards the keeper seconds before he conceded a goal which cost us the tie" etc etc etc.

I'm almost certain UEFA will uphold their decision as a warning to all other clubs in European competitions to have their paperwork in order before competing to avoid such embarrassment for other clubs in the future.

Anyhoo Celtic do have a European tie to compete in, the question is what competition will it be and for those saying Celtic brought in players just for the Champions League ? FCUK OFF :angry: The Hoops were shocking against Legia and Celtic definitely needed to bring in players to spice things up both domestically and even if it is to compete in the last qualifier into the Europa League.

We are so lucky to have a top QC giving us all the benefit of his legal know-how.

Can someone forward that link to the Legia chairman?

To be fair, that shows the author and supporters of that response to be no better than the original author of the Legia letter. They obviously don't understand the irony of the content of their response about the content of the original!!!

In cricketing terms it's the whinging Poms whinging about the whinging Poms!!!

Can someone forward that link to the Legia chairman?

Did you seriously think that was a well written, worthwhile piece?

It was infantile rubbish with all its 'deal with it', 'get over it' nonsense.

Even worse than the thing it was supposedly replying to.

Did you seriously think that was a well written, worthwhile piece? It was infantile rubbish with all its 'deal with it', 'get over it' nonsense. Even worse than the thing it was supposedly replying to.

It was worthless, terrible written and a load of rubbish, but the message is clear. Get over it. They made an arse of their registration. They're now trying to blame us for not giving them the place. It's very unlikely UEFA will overturn the decision. It's their fault, yet they're dragging us into it. They should just admit they made a large (and costly) cock up and get on with it

Are we really to believe that Legia would do anything differently to Celtic were the roles reversed?

Of course they wouldn't. If anyone posting here against Celtic's position believes that then I'm afraid you're not living in the real world. Of course we were humiliated by the score over the two legs which could even have been greater than the 6-1 drubbing. The problem though is that there is way too much money involved to take a moral high ground and give Legia the chance to scoop £15m instead of ourselves.

Sorry Legia but put this one down to rank stupidity and make a mental note not to be quite so absurdly negligent in the future.

But nowhere near as funny as watching the diddy seethe on here if we qualify .... 8);)

:lol: P&B will go into overload mode just what like happens on orc media. :)

Celtic beaten and humiliated 6-1

Legia Warsaw beaten and humiliated 4-4 losing by a clerical error and a single away that Celtic's Mcgregor scored plus Legi Warsaws captain missed twa penalties in Warsaw.

Now if UEFA uphold their decision to whom is it more embarrassing too after that ?. No contest I think. :lol:

Now if only Deila can pull out his finger and stop running up and down the pitch in only a thong and get Celtic through to the Champs League group stage and into the Champs League knock out stage only just to increase the seethe to all time new high levels on P&B. :lol:

Archived