Central 1st Div 2014/2015

wishawloyal

There's been games where we have had to field guys who were just training with us in order to have a full team to take the park, or a bench with 1 player on it but if that's the decision that's been taken then, although I personally don't agree with it and I know plenty others who don't, we just need to get on with it and hope that Karma comes back to bite them on the arse

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be interesting to know what Felix thinks of this stants1902???? I am lead to believe the the rules state only 2 postponements are permitted per season and it would seem that Benburb have now done this more than on two occasions. Surely there must be a bringing the game into disrepute charge that could be levied against them?

Imagine someone from the Ants talking about Karma, have you totally forgotten the shambolic 0-0 draw you played out against Bellshill to relegate Cambuslang 3 seasons back ? Aye watch yer arse Karma bites.

Imagine someone from the Ants talking about Karma, have you totally forgotten the shambolic 0-0 draw you played out against Bellshill to relegate Cambuslang 3 seasons back ? Aye watch yer arse Karma bites.

not forgotten anything, suppose your team would have went out playing free flowing attacking football when they never put us under any pressure at the back, and ud have also tried to squeeze them when they had the ball n risk losing a goal? Wasnt pretty but all the carve up talk was and still is pish

Not yet on the SJFA West site, but the SFA Referees Appointments sheet is already showing next midweek's fixtures :

Monday 1st June 7:30

Dunipace v Renfrew

Wednesday 3rd June 7:30

Benburb v Larkhall

Wishaw v Blantyre Vics *

* this one is marked as "provisional" for Saturday 30th on the SJFA West site, but the refs' sheet has it as Wednesday instead.

By my reckoning that just leaves Blantyre v Vale of Clyde and Wishaw v Dunipace still to be scheduled.

Not yet on the SJFA West site, but the SFA Referees Appointments sheet is already showing next midweek's fixtures :

Monday 1st June 7:30

Dunipace v Renfrew

Wednesday 3rd June 7:30

Benburb v Larkhall

Wishaw v Blantyre Vics *

* this one is marked as "provisional" for Saturday 30th on the SJFA West site, but the refs' sheet has it as Wednesday instead.

By my reckoning that just leaves Blantyre v Vale of Clyde and Wishaw v Dunipace still to be scheduled.

This game will be played on Wednesday,3rd June.

Ants getting beat tonight has given the Bens a real chance of staying up, who do Wishaw have left to play?

Vics and Dunipace,both at home.

As for Bens staying up,well,I think it's fair to say that their recent delaying tactics haven't won them many friends in the division,and I don't think it will be a great surprise if the Larky boys..on standby for some time and who would normally have nothing to play for,make a point of securing a victory in that fixture.

At least I hope that's how it turns out. ;)

I think the whole thing is getting blown out of proportion with regards the Bens. As far as I'm aware only the league game against Larkhall has been delayed and they pulled out the league cup tie due being unable to field 11 fit SIGNED players. I only signed about a month ago due to the injury crisis they've been having and every game I've played there has been trialists either starting or on the bench, hardly delaying tactics !!

No excuse for the league though, its not the first time its been moved either, we had 7 fit players 2nd game of the season in against blantyre n and had to play it, can play trialists in the league, we even needed 4 trialists tonight

Agree stewsy but if true then fine but they called off v larhall last week and now this week I smell a rat wishaw had 7 players missing v pollock 3 cup tied 4 injured but just got on with it I am not looking for any praise just stating facts . Blantyre have fulfilled there fixtures when asked sometimes with only 1 sub on bench but just seems to be different rules for bens and Ashfield i am sure Blantyre had injures but just like the rest of teams except bens they dealt with it . But if you think along the same lines as sjfa then that's fine but I fear for future of junior football no wonder sjfa cannot attract sponsors when they allow this to happen

Agree bc and they have done it on more than one occasion they also cancelled v larrkhall on mon 18 May

I think the whole thing is getting blown out of proportion with regards the Bens. As far as I'm aware only the league game against Larkhall has been delayed and they pulled out the league cup tie due being unable to field 11 fit SIGNED players. I only signed about a month ago due to the injury crisis they've been having and every game I've played there has been trialists either starting or on the bench, hardly delaying tactics !!

I think rhe above posts show that there has been more than one cancellation,and that other teams have had to play through the injuries and lack of players that are a part of the game at this time of the season,so it's hard to see exactly where 'the whole thing is getting blown out of proportion'.

As for trialists,I don't know of a team currently playing in this league that isn't fielding trialists and as long as 7 SIGNED players take the field then most teams should be on an equal footing.

I'm sure I read on here that you are entitled to move two games? Don't know if that is the case or not.

Too be honest would prefer the Ants to stay up along with the Bens, nothing against Wishaw just like popping in watching the Ants now and again and of course it means they will still have the derby games v Bens next season then!

Cotter's not a bad old spud either!!!

Bens v Dunipace this Saturday will be at Maryhill rather than at Neilston.

Or not, as the case may be - rain forecast for Thursday & Friday...

Wishaw v Dunipace will be Saturday 6th June.

Just Blantyre v Vale of Clyde remaining to be scheduled.

Ha merely a personal point of view on a selfish basis , I very much doubt I'll be playing next season so I'll probably see a few of both teams games and would rather that was in the higher division as no doubt its a better overall standard. I wouldn't be making the trip to Wishaw as too far away. As I say I have nothing against Wishaw !!

Bens v Dunipace this Saturday will be at Maryhill rather than at Neilston.

Or not, as the case may be - rain forecast for Thursday & Friday...

Wishaw v Dunipace will be Saturday 6th June.

Just Blantyre v Vale of Clyde remaining to be scheduled.

Any word on the venue for Benburb v Larkhall Thistle on Wednesday 3rd June?

i.e. will it also be moved to Maryhill, as per Saturday's Dunipace game?

Wishaw v Dunipace has been moved from Saturday 6th to Monday 8th.

Blantyre Vics v Vale of Clyde has been added to Monday 1st.

Archived