Any players on here?

boabinoban

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone got any tips about starting out live? Been playing guitar and drums for a few years now and for someone who's self-taught I don't think I'm that bad.

Just getting playing live, whether solo or in a band, is what I'm looking at so any help would be appreciated.

Your team is Livi - plenty of 'bands' in West Lothian - usually with multiple drummers. ;)

Get yourself in a band - join one, or advertise for folk to start one - find folk that you're compatible with, sort out a rehearsal space, then get rehearsing your set - once your set is tight enough, and you're confident enough, seek out places to play - places like gumtree can be ok for this, or check out ads in music shops, etc.

The chances of making a living from music are probably slim - especially these days - the most important thing is to enjoy it, imo. :)

Your team is Livi - plenty of 'bands' in West Lothian - usually with multiple drummers. ;)

Get yourself in a band - join one, or advertise for folk to start one - find folk that you're compatible with, sort out a rehearsal space, then get rehearsing your set - once your set is tight enough, and you're confident enough, seek out places to play - places like gumtree can be ok for this, or check out ads in music shops, etc.

The chances of making a living from music are probably slim - especially these days - the most important thing is to enjoy it, imo. :)

Cheers for the reply mate - the music scene around here seems to be in pretty good nick, a guy who was in the year above me at school is in the Begbies and they seem to be doing relatively well for themselves.

Play Guitar and a bit of piano, bought myself a Ukulele last week if you can count that too.

Just play at home for a bit of fun really, i've written the odd tune, nothing too serious though. The music scene is fairly non existent here in the Borders, barring cover bands. Im hopefully moving to Edinburgh or Glasgow for Uni soon so i might try and get involved up there.

Archived