SEVEN JUNIORS in new Scottish Cup ..

mick90

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, i got it.

Just seems unfair to play all season and win your league, when you could just spend more money and get further in the competition.

You clearly don't get it. It is not about spending money (which a team could do to buy the league or cup anyway) it's about proving you have reached a certain standard in a number of areas.

Your totally missing the point. I could win the lottery tonight and effectively buy our license, and you'd be absolutely raging at a first division club waltzing into the first round ahead of the Scottish Cup and Premier League champions

In footballing terms, It's nothing short of a disgrace that you've lost the league title and enter ahead of the Bo'ness.

Your man did win the lottery and you still can't get in!!

But surely if you took the blinkers off for a minute you would realise that from next season onwards Bo'ness and Talbot won't get in anyway without a licence. So surely it's all credit to both linlithgow and Banks o Dee who are regular challengers most seasons that they looked past the moment and saw the big picture.

Yes, i got it.

Just seems unfair to play all season and win your league, when you could just spend more money and get further in the competition.

Can't argue much with that to be honest.

Yes, i got it.

^^^^^^^ just cant grasp it at all.tell me should girvan be in the sfa scottish cup.

because i think this is the first time i have seen any discussion about junior teams being allowed in.and girvan have been in it for years.

or could you point me in the direction of the thread about girvan in the scottish cup.

Your man did win the lottery and you still can't get in!!

But surely if you took the blinkers off for a minute you would realise that from next season onwards Bo'ness and Talbot won't get in anyway without a licence. So surely it's all credit to both linlithgow and Banks o Dee who are regular challengers most seasons that they looked past the moment and saw the big picture.

I don't think that's true, qualifiers needing to be licensed got knocked back, for now at least.

Regardless teams looking to be licensed has to be praised, and it rightly rewarded.

Has every member of the sfa "bought their way in"? For the avoidance of doubt, we are talking about EVERY sfa member club - have they all bought their way in?

Or, by bringing the stadium up to scratch (maybe we should have done a Bathgate, Kilwinning, etc and paid the players more money - we'd maybe have won more stuff on the pitch that way), linking into the community, giving our players better facilities and generally operating our business in a manner which is recognised as best practice for football at this level, we've apparently bought our way in.

Honestly, you can't win at this level. If you've got a successful club you get fuckin pelters for it. You spend money on players and you get all the stuff Irvine Meadow got. You spend money on facilities and you've still "bought" your way in. Maybe we'd be better playing in a shitehouse of a stadium with more average players and just not do anything to improve.

There's some absolute fuckin morons on this thread - headed by that daft arse from Largs.

doesn't matter how far they get,they are members of both junior and senior associations like us and BOD.

see in a few years time do you not think there will be more juniors in both.your own team even.bet if that were

to happen you would be like the cat that got the cream.and that goes for any one else.suck it up, it has happened.

and no green eyed monster syndrome on here is going to change it.

Personally i wouldn't let any junior teams in the sfa scottish cup.You wan't to play the 'big boys' go senior or join the lowland league.

Nothing stopping teams now they are a sfa members.

Personally i wouldn't let any junior teams in the sfa scottish cup.You wan't to play the 'big boys' go senior or join the lowland league.

Nothing stopping teams now they are a sfa members.

Wha's like us?

Can't argue much with that to be honest.

Really?

When your new ground is finished, if you are smart, then with a bit of work you will be in a great position to gain your licence. Would you as a club turn it down and the guaranteed entry to the senior scottish? Would you as a supporter want your club to turn down this potential income?

Really?

When your new ground is finished, if you are smart, then with a bit of work you will be in a great position to gain your licence. Would you as a club turn it down and the guaranteed entry to the senior scottish? Would you as a supporter want your club to turn down this potential income?

Yes we will be in a good position to go for it but despite all the money spent on new stadium i would feel embarrassed if we jumped ahead in rounds of the Scottish cup winners or league champions. That's just how i would feel about it.

Yes we will be in a good position to go for it but despite all the money spent on new stadium i would feel embarrassed if we jumped ahead in rounds of the Scottish cup winners or league champions. That's just how i would feel about it.

If it happens you should boycott the Scottish Cup games.

Again, really....?

Gaining your licence is a matter of progressing as a football club and that has been recognised by the SFA. That is a massive achievement. It means that you have invested in the development of football in your local area. It means that basic facilities for players, fans and officials have been catered for. It means that you as a club have recognised that these are basic necessities and that you have taken the time and effort to ensure that these are met.

At the moment anyone with a big enough wallet can get a team into the senior Scottish within a couple of years - Is this right?

Should we not want to progress the grade through improvement and sustainability?

People widely mock Hurl£ord, as I have done, with the £ symbol to signify that they have bought their way to that success. Is that to be encouraged rather what Linlithgow and Banks of Dee are doing?

Yes the league and cup winners should be rewarded, but let's not think that by gaining your licence you have somehow taken the 'easy' way in.

Archived