Murder in the First

Ira Gaines

A new US TV show. Well, a six episode old US TV show, with Tom Felton ( or that wee Malfoy guy from Harry Potter ), James Cromwell and Kathleen Robertson. Felton plays an ultra-rich murder suspect, Cromwell's his fed up lawyer, Robertson was the top dog in the investigation into Felton, but didn't get the arrest as her partner, played by Taye Diggs, did.

It's actually a cracking wee show, and the dynamic between the suspect and the lawyer is great, as Daniels, the lawyer, clearly doesn't like the kid. Finds him an arrogant wee shite. Which he is of course, and brilliantly played as well.

I've got a few episodes of this downloaded but haven't watched it yet. Good to see it getting good write-ups.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So it's done now. The finale having that "wrap up" feeling was inevitable, so they needed to have some cracking stuff in it to help that along, and they managed that I thought.

A second season is hanging in the balance a bit. TNT are tight lipped on it even though they have a few renewals already for shows still on. So I think it could be done.

• 9 months later...

Archived