Motherwell FC 2014/15 season

Yes it does look like we will be in the playoff spot. There are still 5 games to go and as Hibs proved last year, anything is possible. If we are there, the only team I am worried about strangely is QoS. From what I have seen of Hibs and Rangers I am pretty confident we can beat them with our on form front 4

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not going to start a new thread for this.

24 years ago today, Motherwell faced Celtic in the Scottish Cup Semi final replay.

We won that game 4-2 after a stunning strike from Colin 'Psycho' O'Neil to make it 3-2.

Full highlights of that game are on Youtube.

attachicon.gifjy4hi.gif

Some strike from the wee man and hopefully more of the same from the current side to come.

Happy Colin O'Neil Day!

:thumsup2:thumsup2:thumsup2:thumsup2

Think i am in a minority of 1 but i have always preferred Kirk's strike from that game.

2 great goals, but for me Kirk's just shades it.

We have a chance to get out of the play off spot but not if we play like we did on Saturday.

Erwin and McDonald up front with Ainsworth on the right and Johnston on the left. if Johnston is injured then put Thomas/Grant out there. Erwin is a striker, not a winger. Sutton can be the impact sub for the last 20 mins

got to keep believing :1eye

• 2 weeks later...

A bit of a random question but what has happened to Nathan Thomas? He signed in the transfer window and I think he played once from the start in Dingwall and had a sub appearance soon after, then he's just disappeared and doesn't even seem to be playing regularly for the development team (but is never mentioned as injured). I know we have a reasonably big squad but it's highly unusual for a manager to leave out one of his own signings to that extent - and he is the only one of the january intake to disappear..

From the official site when he signed (he's not a loanee and we have a 1 year option on him):

‘Well boss Ian Baraclough said: “Nathan is another player I have being keeping tabs on for some time.

“Like Marvin, he’s very quick and can be a match winner. We now have different options and different ways to play.

“He can be effective on both flanks or even through the middle, so the versatility will be a real bonus for us. Like the others we’ve signed, he has a point to prove and we hope to take advantage of someone with fire in his belly.

This one feels a bit unusual.

A bit of a random question but what has happened to Nathan Thomas? He signed in the transfer window and I think he played once from the start in Dingwall and had a sub appearance soon after, then he's just disappeared and doesn't even seem to be playing regularly for the development team (but is never mentioned as injured). I know we have a reasonably big squad but it's highly unusual for a manager to leave out one of his own signings to that extent - and he is the only one of the january intake to disappear..

From the official site when he signed (he's not a loanee and we have a 1 year option on him):

This one feels a bit unusual.

he plays a lot for the u20s either as a sub or starting he scored 2 (I think) against Killie and 1 against St Mirren and has appeared a few times since

Sounds like Josh Law is being offered a new contract according to the express, however he's also had an offer from Colchester who are on the verge of being relegated from League 1.

Have to say I'm surprised that we've offered anyone, outside the younger lads, a contract for next season as surely it would be best to wait and see what division we are in first?

I've actually grown to quite like Law at right back and wouldn't mind seeing him stay if we stayed up but if we went down, given we already have an experienced Championship right back signed up for next season in Craig Reid as well as promising young Luke Watt I can't help but feel he would be an unnecessary wage at a time we'd be looking to cut down our wage bill drastically.

Thoughts?

Aye I'd say similar. Wouldn't be overly fussed if he left but I think he's found himself to be pretty decent at right back after an absolutely awful start to his 'Well career dotted across the midfield.

I'd like Law to stay ahead of Reid, but at the same time I won't shed any tears if he does leave.

Aye I'd say similar. Wouldn't be overly fussed if he left but I think he's found himself to be pretty decent at right back after an absolutely awful start to his 'Well career dotted across the midfield.

Sums it up for me.

Though, I wonder if Craig Reid will still be a Motherwell player next season. Is he still due up in court, in relation to the charges brought against him?

I like Law. Out of all our right backs, he's the one I'd keep.

So many ifs and buts for next season, despite his detractors, I'd still very much like Erwin signed up for next year.

Additionally, I'd like two centre halfs, preferably two that can actually defend.

Archived