Motherwell FC 2014/15 season

Lee Erwin offered a three year deal according to the express today, that should please certain supporters no end..

Article also says that several English Championship clubs are looking at him and suggests he's in no rush to sign a new deal. Have to say the longer he goes without signing a new contract the more worried I am he'll walk away in the summer.

Which despite what some folk think of him, I believe would be a real shame as I think the boy's got the potential to be a cracking player.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lee Erwin offered a three year deal according to the express today, that should please certain supporters no end..

Which despite what some folk think of him, I believe would be a real shame as I think the boy's got the potential to be a cracking player.

Something he won't fulfil spending his time playing reserve team football at English Championship level.

Needs another season, at least, in Scotland before making his move. It's whether or not he has the brain to make the correct decision, or whether he has the right people around him giving him the advice he needs.

I'd be sorry to lose Erwin as he has certainly got potential. He's very rough round the edges - pardon the cliche - but he's a player I rate and I'd love to see him stay.

In the case of Erwin it may well be he's waiting to see what league we're playing in. Agree that he needs another season or two in Scotland before he should be thinking of moving to England (if that's where he'd want to go). He's got a lot of potential but at the moment that's all it really is, he's hardly been consistent for us.

As for Josh Law, I think like most 'well fans I'd have packed his bags for him earlier in the season but he seems to have settled into his role at RB. I'd much rather keep him than Reid.

By the same token, if we stay up then it's difficult to see Law as being a first choice if we're aiming to improve. Which isn't a dig at him, he's turned into a solid enough right back but he's a solid enough right back in a team that's sitting 2nd bottom of the league.

I'd be sorry to lose Erwin as he has certainly got potential. He's very rough round the edges - pardon the cliche - but he's a player I rate and I'd love to see him stay.

Can't see him going anywhere until he learns to win headers and shot on target. Definitely some potential there but surely he's miles away from being a transfer target.

Any chance of Reid being released? I know he's got a year left but seems to be out the picture.

He was recently charged with battering a woman at a house party and is due in court.

He is murder so I hope he either gets time or you take him off our hands.

He also dresses like a Grade A poofter.

Just had a wee peek on Steelmenonline to see what you fine chaps were saying about the Friday night game. Some thread.

Car crash stuff. We have some amount of complete tadgers among our support!

Car crash stuff. We have some amount of complete tadgers among our support!

Without doubt, though I think every club has their fair share to be honest. I've never subscribed to this argument by some Motherwell fans that our support are any worse than anyone else. The only criticism I've ever had of Motherwell fans is that there is an element who seem to enjoy arguing and and fighting with fellow fans, something which is illustrated on the good old steelmenonline. But that's probably not exclusive to Motherwell fans either.

Why shouldn't they enjoy themselves larking around like this, its not as though we're in a desperate relegation battle now is it?

This is yet another example of the sheer amateurism that runs right through our club. As said above, nonsense like this last summer - footgolf in Portugal - along with the players tweeting incessantly about their golf activities and trips to Nandos, has helped create the malaise and comfort zone for so many of our squad and for something like this to be made public is just a smack in the face for the support.

Imagine getting upset over a few young lads from the youth team larking about during their post match warm down of a game they won 3-0.

f**k sake man.

Yes, the U20s larking around is definitely behind our poor season. Definitely!

Aye. The wee b*****ds probably cost us the title last season because of their fannying about.

^^^ missing the point, spectacularly.

Archived