Motherwell FC 2014/15 season

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it's a sign that we are going to play 2 up front, then it's a big positive for me. The big question though is whether we can actually create the necessary chances for him because to be fair to Sutton, when he's actually been given an opportunity to score, he's been as clinical as he was last season but he's had no ammo whatsoever....

In all of this - the board at Motherwell are doing what they can to get us out of this, it's a question of if we have the right manager to take advantage of the backing that he's getting..

If it's a sign that we are going to play 2 up front, then it's a big positive for me. The big question though is whether we can actually create the necessary chances for him because to be fair to Sutton, when he's actually been given an opportunity to score, he's been as clinical as he was last season but he's had no ammo whatsoever....

I'd say McDonald's different from Sutton as he's the type of guy that can create something out of nothing for himself, how many goals did he score the Butcher/Malpas days from nothing more than a simple ball lumped down the line?

He's fantastic with his back to goal, his hold up and link up play is on a different level to Sutton as well and should bring more to our attack than simply goals. Although hopefully he can chip in with a decent amount of those himself.

It certainly looks like a last throw of the dice from Motherwell in an attempt to try and stay up. He's 31 now and not played as a striker for the last 18 months or so but his record in this country speaks for itself and for a team that's the lowest scorers in Scotland he's got to be worth a punt. I mean how many other strikers with Champions League goals against the likes of Man United and AC Milan on their CV do you see rocking up at a Fir Park?

Get Hammell fit and back in defence, ditto Pearson in the midfield and McDonald up front and I might just start to believe again.

Archived